One. More. Day. Until then, behold...
- Panthers' GM Jacques Martin scouted the Penguins - Capitals game on Wednesday evening. Proceed with rumor mongering
- Can the Cats keep the momentum? The Herald's Pete Pelegrin discusses.
- The Sentinel's Skolnick asks: is Frolik ready to break out? Hint: with 17 points in his past twenty games, he already has.
- Cory Murphy's back on Florida ice. For now. Horton, Peltonen & more.
- A fantasy spin on the Panthers from Dobber at THN.
- Tomorrow's opponent: Flyers working on shootouts
- Niittymaki to start in Sunrise Friday, more Philly shootout notes
- USA Today: Bouwmeester is number one potential rental
- The Mayor of Hartford meets with Gary Bettman. Boooing... And only Nixon could go to China.
- Please stop over and welcome yet another new hockey blog to SBNation: Defending Big "D" - representing the Dallas Stars! Big welcome from The Box and it's a pleasure having Brandon aboard!
The new blogs are flyin' fast and furious 'round these here parts. After checking out Big "D" above the SBN , head over to the all-new Stanley Cup of Chowder, covering the Boston Bruins and their fans' special needs. Just kidding, guys. Terrific site, and a hearty welcome to Evan and James!
The Capitals decided to show up in the third period of their home game against feeble Pittsburgh, embarrassing the Pens with four goals in the final frame. Ovie had two goals and an assist, while Nick Backstrom collected three assists. Though divisional foe Washington won 6-3, the good news for Florida was the Penguins' loss, keeping the Pens and Cats tied for 9th place at 46 points. The Panthers now have three games in hand. Japers' Rink, PensBurgh
The Senators showed some life, beating the Thrashers 3-2 in Atlanta. Not much else here. Bird Watchers Anonymous
TONIGHT IN THE SOUTHEAST
- Toronto @ Carolina, 7:30p. No need to artificially hype this one. Go Leafs Go. Pension Plan Puppets
- Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay, 7:30p. The Bolts return from their west coast swing. Nineteen points separate these rivals from the mid-'90s. Will Chris Gratton know which dressing room to enter?
AND KEEP AN EYE ON...
- Buffalo @ Dallas, 8:30p. The Sabres again attempt to break the 47-point barrier against an improving Stars squad. Die by the Blade, Defending Big "D"