A nice rundown of what's become an annual Panthers trademark: Draft Day deals. Big ones.
Another brilliant and insightful piece on relocating the Coyotes, and while we're at it, let's lose that lousy unwanted bunch from South Florida, too:
"The atmosphere at a Panthers home game is almost library-like."
- The kids had better not lose this one; never hear the end of it.
- The love Flyers Faithful have for Penguins fans is unending. On the subject of outdoor games, Philadelphia supporter "Melyssa" has an idea that likely won't be pursued. Then again, this is the NHL.
"I'd prefer the Penguins playing the Panthers in whatever the stadium in Miami is called, on a nice rainy 85-degree day, so Cindy and Jenny can catch their skates in a rut and hurt their poor little selves."
- Speaking of Philly, all indications are pointing to this guy coming to Sunrise in any deal involving the Flyers:
"(RW Joffrey) Lupul has four more years under contract at $4.25 million per year. He would become Florida's highest-paid forward."
- More Rochester goodness, as "The Moose" continues his quest to keep the Americans relevant during the summer months.
- On that note, former Amerk Stefan Meyer has been highly complimentary of the organization which just traded him for Steve Reinprecht:
It's tough leaving a team you've been accustomed to. The Florida Panthers showed a lot of class in giving me the chance to go somewhere else.
A good kid who's given a lot to the club. No question he'll get an honest shot in Phoenix.