We'll know today whether Panthers forward Michael Grabner survived his 48 hours on the waiver express to Rochester; Andrew Peters and Joe Callahan were along for the ride. Also, keep an ear perked in case rookie Erik Gudbranson inks with the Cats; news from that front may be mere moments away. Or not. Any case, talk it up in the comments.
UPDATE: Multiple media reports say Grabner to the Islanders. Enjoy the experiment, Garth.
Ha, just realized Grabner followed the "reverse Luongo" - JGreenberg81 via Twitter
- The Kurtenblog on Grabner's situation: "...it seems fair to suggest that Vancouver has developed the gift of masking its problem players as potential assets for the Panthers." Worth the trip.
- There are sure to be an abundance of eyeballs trained on new Americans' center - and Capitals' property -
MikaelMichael Nylander as he plays for one last shot at the NHL.
- "Hot Seat" and "David Booth" are two terms we didn't ever expect to see in the same article. We likely would have substituted "Rostislav Olesz", "Christopher Higgins", or "Scott Clemmensen", but whatever.
- The Cats brought in a mighty impressive haul of $165,000 for pediatric cancer research at Monday's Face-Off Luncheon in Coral Springs. Want to get involved? Check all the details on the Florida Panthers Foundation here.
- Former longtime Florida prospect Stefan Meyer feels ready for whatever fate throws his way in Calgary.
- Puck Daddy is featuring a create-your-own Sports Illustrated cover contest. As with all PD contests of the past, this one is certain to be every bit as darkly hilarious and morbidly controversial. Here's the first collection of entries.
Soapbox is yours...