Still on the work-overload train, so off to the headlines:
- Joonas Donskoi bagged a goal and one assist (+3, 3 SOG) to lead Finland to a strong 5-1 victory over Germany Wednesday. The forward has a total of 1 goal, 3 assists in three games, good for sixth in WJC scoring. Finland takes on Slovakia Friday.
- Canada continued their scoring onslaught, pouring ten on hapless Norway. Erik Gudbranson's 2g-1a (+5) somehow edged a 4g-1a effort put forth by forward Brayden Schenn (+6) to claim Player of the Game status. Florida stablemate Quinton Howden grabbed 2 assists (+6). Gudbranson is tied for third in tournament scoring with five points (3g) in three matches. Canada meets Sweden Friday.
- Nick Bjugstad and Drew Shore are back in action this evening as Team USA plays Germany.
- Divisional "rival" Tampa Bay (47p, 5th in East) hosts conference nemesis - and Friday's opponent - Montreal (42p, 8th) this evening. Who are you pulling for?
- Did you know: New Jersey (20p) has gone 1-9 in their past ten; now 9-25-2, their collective goal differential of -53 is far and away the league's worst. Next closest? The Islanders, with a -35 and one fewer game played.
- Florida remains the only club outside the top eight with a positive differential (+4); only Carolina is ballpark with a -6.