SUNRISE, FL - MARCH 10: Francis Lessard #49 of the Ottawa Senators and Darcy Hordichuk #16 of the Florida Panthers exchange words at the BankAtlantic Center on March 10, 2011 in Sunrise, Florida. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Presented for your perusal: the inevitable "slow news day link dump":
- Ottawa goaltender Craig Anderson - and yes, we'll see he and his career 3-0-1 record vs. Florida again this evening - has big plans for the offseason, which do not include a stint on the U.S. National team. Cough - Clemmensen - cough...
- Speaking of the Sens, it was on this date that Ottawa won their third Stanley Cup championship. In 1923.
- Stephen Weiss (49 points) and Jason Spezza (48) - leading scorers for their respective teams - are locked in a death-roll for that elusive 50th point of the season. Current residents of the "50 point club": Chris Stewart (in 57 games!), Nathan Horton, Jamie Benn, Mikael Samuelsson.
- Recall on Tuesday forward Marty Reasoner getting tweaked by a shot to the, um, midsection? Coach DeBoer sums it up thusly: "Real painful. That's real pain."
- Michal Repik is entrenched in a dreadful stretch, with 1 point (an assist) in his past nine games; that single point came seven games ago. Somehow he's managed to limit his liability to a mere -1 over that time, though he's produced more than 2 SOG only once (6, in Sunday's loss to Pittsburgh).
- Been parking at Sawgrass Mills Mall's lots to avoid hefty fees at BankAtlantic Center for concerts? That party is soon going the way of the Dodo and Kirby cast-iron vacuum cleaners.
- ESPN (I know...who?) examines how GM Dale Tallon may go about rebuilding his club in an unexpected way. Love to share more on the article but since suffering a mega-billing error in 2006 (amazingly the fault of the WWL) I've refused to pony up for that elitist, phony "Insider" status.
- From the "Help a fellow fan" department, our pal Stacey is a student in Michigan who needs our assistance on a research project covering the "promotion of hockey and its growth potential in relation to the different geographical regions of America". It's a mouthful but the quick one-minute poll is not, so head over and lend her some South Florida excellence.
- Only in Sunrise: go to a hockey game, leave with a schnoodle. Info here.
Floor's yours. Live Game Thread at 7pm.