A few of us will be meeting up prior to this evening's main event at the Budweiser Terrace around 6ish so do please drop by and say hello. We'll be holding more formal "events" next season, but looking forward to seeing a few of you in person, so come on out and play. Penguins - Panthers Live Game Thread will run right here at 6:30. Some links before the Preview hits in a few hours:
- Pretending the world hasn't yet heard: Sidney Crosby has been cleared for light practice with his club, and is on the trip, so look skyward toward the BAC's gloriously unsponsored pressbox for a glimpse of his awesomeness - or the reverse - munching on corn. And maybe a pretzel.
- It's #TimKennedyDay, version 2.0, as the forward returns for some NHL minutes following a terrific performance in a huge but ultimately meaningless victory, short of that "pride" thing, for the Amerks on Friday.
- Kudos to Florida's David Booth (39 points, -28) who will play in his 300th NHL game tonight. DYK: Heading into Saturday, Booth is currently 11th overall in SOG (268).
- Happy Almost-Birthday to leading scorer Stephen Weiss (28 on Sunday); he'll celebrate with a tweaked groin. And perhaps a pretzel.
- With a victory, Pittsburgh would complete its first ever season-sweep of the Cats, which would of course roll into Florida's eighth-straight loss - a feat not seen in more than five years (an 0-8-4 stretch from October 27 through November 23, 2005). At least we had Mike, Jacques, and a hurricane dubbed Wilma to blame for that mess.