Welcome to On the Prowl, a collection of links compiled by LBC and published each Wednesday and Sunday to stories pertaining to the Florida Panthers, their affiliates, and the National Hockey League. Have at it after the jump...
- Get your questions regarding the world of hockey prospects in to our buddy VanMurph by tonight; the results should make for a most fascinating article.
- Cruising toward the end of August and still no ticket? Give Zach a ring and get in on the madness.
- Obligatory self-pimp moment of the day.
Panthers and Affiliates News:
- Reviews of 'Club Red' continue to fly, with yet another uprooted fan voicing his outrage. ProHockeyTalk
- Mike Smith and Jason LaBarbera are somehow a better pairing than Jose Theodore and Scott Clemmensen. PuckDaddy
- Is a captaincy in the cards for North Dakota's Corban Knight? High River Times
- Nolan Yonkman may have found the right fit with Florida. AM1150
- Prospect Zach Hyman is keeping his busy last year in perspective. YnetNews
- The hidden weight behind Matt Bradley's comments on Alexander Semin and Alexei Kovalev's departure from the NHL. Red Light District
- A certain former Blackhawks' defenseman makes the list of the 10 most important newcomers to their teams. NHL.com
- A season of high expectations is not-so-suddenly on tap for Drew Shore and the Denver Pioneers. The Clarion
- The Cincinnati Cyclones have signed another new player. Cyclones
- Dennis Shvidki makes the San Antonio Rampage's all time roster (LOL!). Rampage
- Happy Birthday to our resident master of the (virtual) breakaway: forward Marcel Goc . YouTube
The NHL and Beyond:
- No worries, Alex Ovechkin will get your pigskin. KuklasKorner
- As Panthers fans toy with the idea of a new goal song, keep in mind there are some guidelines, as the Devils may find out. SBN
- Which Matt Cooke will show up for Pittsburgh in 2011-12? PensBurgh
- A look at the newest jerseys we'll see next year, including the minor changes to the Panthers road sweater. Icethetics
- Stanely Cup odds are in! Since it's August and all. The Copper & Blue
- Longtime Florida done-it-all exec Duane Sutter lands in Edmonton. EJ
- Mike Brophy burns with preseason questions. Sportsnet
- Meet the NHL's latest "high performance sports drink": Biosteel. Globe and Mail
- Not a slide-show: the Hurricanes/Whalers Top 10 draft selections. Very few arguments, but Kevin Dineen not making the cut (especially at 56th in 1982) seems criminal. Canes Country
- Another not-a-slide-show: Your favorite all-time Dallas Star. Defending Big D
- The stats keep getting more obscure, but at least Theodore doesn't make the list. KuklasKorner
- How denial and poor judgment may have resulted in Sidney Crosby's season ending concussion. Raw Charge
- THN's Boylen looks into what constitutes a sports dynasty. The Hockey News
- Think the Islanders should make the postseason? A few reasons why they just may do that. Lighthouse Hockey
- The Amerks may just survive that dreaded Florida Panthers era in Rochester: $1 hot dog/beer nights will soldier on. Die By The Blade
Lastly, here's Scottie Upshall going all-natural on the Preds: