Pointless, but looked awfully cool.
Welcome to On the Prowl, a collection of links compiled by the LBC staff published each Wednesday and Sunday to stories pertaining to the Florida Panthers, their affiliates, and the National Hockey League. Have at it after the jump...
This should - oh how thankfully - be the final Sunday OTP sans any real news on the Cats, as Rookie Camp is a week away. And a long week it shall be.
Until then, the LBC Opening Night Extravaganza remains a fabulous option for those willing to rock-star it on October 15th...
Also, we're in the final stretch with THIS, so do give us some love if you're feeling generous. Or even if you're not feeling generous.
Almost there, friends...mere days from Coral Springs action :)
Panthers and Affiliates news:
- Long-ago Florida draft pick Ryan Johnson gets a training camp look by the Red Wings. Chronicle-Journal
- Could be a difficult climb for Jonathan Huberdeau to break through on a team stocked with veterans. Digital Journal
- PD's Leahy provides the correct answer to question number 2. Puck Daddy
- On the heels of the recent Panthers/Killer Bees marriage: why a Central Hockey League affiliation is a boon to all involved. Daily Courier
- We have a Shawn Matthias sighting. Sort of. Dobber
- This week's "View from the Press Box" features San Antonio assistant coach Jason Cipolla. Rampage
- Sweaty Bands. That is all. Cyclones
The NHL and Beyond:
- Honoring Wade Belak. Preds On The Glass
- A look at the early days of fantasy hockey. NHL
- How young is too young for an NHL captain? Lighthouse Hockey
- Winnipeg's Dustin Byfuglien finds himself in a bit of a squeeze (and it ain't just his clothes). SBN
- Now here's something I can get onboard with. Canes Country
- Too. Much. Purple. Jewels From The Crown
- We evidently share more with Lightning fans than just a peninsula. Raw Charge
- The NCAA and Canadian Hockey League continue to sneer at one another. Sporting News
- Seriously...Honolulu? SB Nation
- What to expect from everyone's favorite Buffalo whipping boy: Derek Roy
- The Dueling Matts led Washington with 24 fighting majors last season; scratch 10 of those for the coming year. Japers' Rink
- The difficulties inherent in being a top-five draft selection. Oil Patch/KK
- The "best goal" of Boston's season, scored by...Gregory Campbell? SCOC
- Florida Atlantic University will host a charity game at Saveology Iceplex next week. SSH
- Lastly, come on...who wouldn't want to play here: