Yet another All-Star "game" featuring wildly-unrealistic scoring, not a trace of physicality, and a complete lack of defense - all of which fans anticipated - was highlighted for Florida's Faithful by the efforts of blueliner Brian Campbell (#51 above) in a meaningless exhibition to all but those who have longed to see a Panther squarely - and legitimately - in the league's spotlight.
Taking a backseat to many of the higher-profile members of both rosters on the scoresheet of a 12-9 victory for his squad, Soup led Team Chara in TOI with 21:41 (second only to Team Alfredsson's Shea Weber), garnering 1 assist, 1 SOG and - wait for it - a plus-7 in 14 shifts. Only linemate Zdeno himself would equal the plus-minus. Good stuff.
Otherwise, it was the same old ASG story in Ottawa as multiple-point scorers abounded:
- Marian Gaborik - 3G/1A, plus-3, MVP
- Daniel Alfredsson - 2G/1A
- Pavel Datsyuk - 3A, plus-4
- Marian Hossa/Jarome Iginla/Phil Kessel/Henrik Sedin - 1G/2A
- Nine players finished with 2 points
- Fourteen players finished with 1 point
- This year's annual Goaltending Goat Award goes to STL's Brian Elliott, allowing 6 on 19 shots in one period of work (.684)
Back to the real deal on Wednesday, as the Cats host Washington in an 8 p.m.(?) start.