Scott Timmins (pictured) has been one of the better skaters for San Antonio - Abelimages
After scoring six goals on Friday, San Antonio fails to score more than two goals in a period and gives Lake Erie their first home win since October.
After scoring four goals in one period on Lake Eric goaltender Sami Aittokallio, San Antonio scores only two goals. Rampage fell into a hole with a 2-0 lead in the first, but started to gain momentum with back-to-back goals in the late second and early third to tie it. However Lake Erie answered back with two goals in four minutes, and San Antonio's dreams of a three game winning streak were crushed.
- Colby Robak: Robak had his first multi-point game since October 27th with a powerplay goal and assist. While his defense has been questionable for most of the season, his offense has been solid, as he leads all Rampage defensemen in scoring with ten points.
- Greg Rallo: Rallo scored his third goal in three games and is tied with Jon Rheault for the team lead in goals with six. His promotion to the second line has helped James Wright (who has three assists in three games) get back on track.
- Penalty Kill: San Antonio's PK killed six of seven penalties, allowing the only powerplay goal in the first. The PK is currently seventh in the AHL, second on the road.
- Penalties: While the PK did it's job and killed all but one of the powerplays, the silver and black still have a habit of committing too many penalties. Alexander Petrovic committed two penalties, five in his last two games, his first just 30 seconds after the only powerplay goal allowed by his team.
- The first period: After allowing six goals just 16 hours ago, Lake Erie was looking for revenge and San Antonio allowed two goals in under ten minutes. Three powerplay opportunities didn't help.
Rampage travel to Abbotsford for a Tuesday-Wednesday series against the North Division leading Abbotsford Heat. Both games start at 10:00 pm EST.
The Cincinnati Cyclones fall 4-3 to the Toledo Walleye. Mattias Lindstrom scored his third goal of the season, and Garrett Wilson picked up an assist. Next game is Wednesday against the Evansville Icemen, at 8:30 pm EST.