"Sammy": no more than four games without a goal since March 3; he's played three since his last marker.
Winger Mikael Samuelsson - a veteran of 95 Stanley Cup playoff matches - may have yet to bag a goal, but his contributions to the Florida Panthers over three games against the New Jersey Devils have been formidable: four assists - all clutch, three on the man-advantage - combined with eight shots ties him with fellow Cat Sean Bergenheim (2G) in overall scoring for the series. Further, Sammy's riding not only a five-game point streak (2G/6A) dating to April 5 vs. Washington, but a three-game power play assist run, his best such stretches of the year in both categories.
- (4) PIT over (5) PHI, 10-3: promising start quickly morphed into meltdown mode for Flyers; four Pens w/3 points. PHI leads 3-1.
- (8) OTT over (1) NYR, 3-2 (OT): Sens' Turris knots series at two-all with early overtime bomb
- (1) VAN over (8) LA, 3-1: Schneider's 43 saves rescue season for 'Nucks; Kings lead series 3-1
Thursday's other NHL Playoff action
- (2) Boston at (7) Washington, 7:30 p.m. (NBC-SN): Caps' Wideman/Schultz each sporting a minus-4; Bruins lead 2-1.
- (3) Phoenix at (6) Chicago, 8 p.m. (CNBC): all three previous games have gone to overtime; Coyotes lead 2-1.
- (2) St. Louis at (7) San Jose, 10: 30 p.m. (NBC-SN): Blues' McDonald ripping it up with 6 points (2G) in three games; STL leads 2-1.
Ahead for us
- Cats at Devils, 7 p.m.; the LBC Game Thread opens right here one hour earlier. Preview coming your way at 2.
- Broadcast providers: FS-FLA, MSG+, NHL Network. NHL Live kicks off on NBC-SN at 6:30, as does MollerVision on WQAM.
- John, buddy...why you get no sleep?
- Watch Parties: Stanley C. Panther returns to Duffy's in Plantation, while the Breakaway Bar & Grill (at Saveology Iceplex) rocks it from the official practice facility in Coral Springs.
- Who within the organization will not be watching the Battle of Newark? These guys.
- Tickets remain available for Saturday night; check out our partners at TiqIQ for the best deals.