Florida C Marcel Goc ranks third overall in postseason faceoff winning percentage (63.6). Within the city limits of Sunrise he's even better: 21-for-29 (72.4%)
The momentum, if there has been any so far in this Eastern Conference quarterfinal series between the Devils and Florida Panthers, has been fleeting. It has changed sides so quickly – from game to game, from period to period and, sometimes, in the middle of periods.
-Gulitti/NorthJersey.com. Need evidence? Scoring by period over the four games has witnessed wild swings by both clubs, resulting in something less than parity per 20 minutes: New Jersey is "winning" the first and third frames 6-3 and 5-1 respectively, while Florida has owned the second on a 6-1 goal differential. The Devils unquestionably had momentum during a six-minute span early in the third period on Thursday, but little has carried over from one game to the next.
Friday's NHL playoff results:
- (4) NSH defeated (5) DET 2-1 in regulation time, advance to Western Conference semifinals; series wrapped 4-1. Check out commentary from both sides at On The Forecheck and Winging It In Motown.
- (4) PIT over (5) PHI, 3-2 (REG): special teams continue to dominate as three of the five goals were on the man-advantage; Flyers lead series 3-2.
On tap today:
- (7) Washington at (2) Boston, 3 p.m. (NBC): series tied at 2
- (8) Ottawa at (1) NY Rangers, 7 p.m. (NBC-SN): series tied at 2
- (7) San Jose at (2) St. Louis, 7:30 p.m. (CNBC): Blues lead 3-1
- (6) Chicago at (3) Phoenix, 10 p.m. (NBC-SN): Coyotes lead 3-1
- Devils at Panthers Game Five craziness tonight in an early start from Sunrise (6:30 p.m., FS-FLA/MSG+/NHLN/Tickets). The LBC Game Thread gets underway right here one hour prior.
- "While the Devils didn't dominate the Panthers [Thursday], they did win decisively." No argument there. For more see the latest Game Preview from John at ILWT.
- Stay on top of the series with regular updates from SB Nation's StoryStream.
- Home game rules and regs from the club regarding parking, rats, etc. Tailgating? Bring an extra large umbrella for you and that 64 ounce tumbler.
- Update: Per GR/OFP, BankAtlantic Center doors will open at 4:30 due to weather concerns