We do it my way. Fear is our ally. The gasoline will be ours.
He set all of AHL Portland's coaching records (480 games, 266 victories and a .616 winning percentage, among many others) in six years with the Pirates, but how were Kevin Dineen's numbers in the Calder Cup playoffs? In five postseason appearances his clubs notched two trips to the conference final (dropping both in seven games), a division final, and two division semifinals - the latter three defeats reflective of then-parent Buffalo draining the American League club of talent, whether by playoff necessity or a deadwood prospect pool. Before taking the head coaching position with the Florida Panthers, Dino compiled a 29-29 record behind the Portland bench in postseason play.
Monday's NHL Stanley Cup Playoff results
- (1) NY Rangers over (8) Ottawa, 3-2 (REG): Derek Stepan's 3 points (1 PPG), 25 saves by King Henrik enough to even series at three wins each; Game Seven coming our way Thursday (and I speak for all of by declaring we really want to be watching this one)
- (3) Phoenix defeated (6) Chicago 4-0: Coyotes win series 4-2, advance to Western Conference semifinals. Mike Smith stopped 39 shots; has allowed 10 regulation goals in six postseason games. Head over to Five For Howling and Second City Hockey for local reaction.
- Full attention of the hockey universe - NHL-wise - will be on the Cats and Devils in Game Six from Newark, as it's the only Stanley Cup playoff match on the schedule (7:30 ET; NBCSN, MSG+, TSN, RDS, 560 WQAM). Another legendary LBC Live Game Thread awakens right here one hour earlier.
- Broadcast note: in case you hadn't heard, neither FS-FLA nor Sun Sports will be showing this game
- Kevin's preview of tonight's event will be up around 2; for now check out the Jerseycentric view at In Lou We Trust and SB Nation's StoryStream focusing on the series
- Watch Parties at the Breakaway Bar & Grill (Saveology Iceplex, Coral Springs - our bud Kywi will see to your every whim) and Duffy's Sports Grill (Plantation)
- Speaking of the Panthers' practice facility, Saveology Iceplex will be hosting the second annual South Florida Hockey Fest on Sunday, May 6 from 12-4
- The Chicago Wolves host the Rampage tonight in first-round Calder Cup action; San Antonio can wrap the series with a victory - and make a bit of team history while they're at it.
Further evidence of a need to weep for the future? Random recent tweet:
@NHLDevils you gotta win the next to you can do it your a better team then the #FLAPanthers let's go! #FLANJD
UPDATE: G Jacob Markstrom recalled, will backup Scott Clemmensen; Jose Theodore injury(?) reported by GR as "not serious". D Tyson Strachan remains in for Jason Garrison