NEWARK, NJ - APRIL 24: Scottie Upshall #19 of the Florida Panthers collides with Anton Volchenkov #28 of the New Jersey Devils in Game Six of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Prudential Center on April 24, 2012 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
The Cats are going to need everything forward Scottie Upshall may have left in the offensive tank on Thursday; 1 goal, 2 assists, and 8 shots in the series may well need to be replicated over a short span of 60 minutes in Game Seven. And he's not the only one. Boom or bust time, people...the Florida Panthers' next effort must be a definitive personal and professional statement; one that will require a few more than 16 shots on net.
Tonight's NHL Playoff action
- (7) Washington at (2) Boston, 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN): Game Seven. 'Nuff said. Stroll on over to Japers' Rink and Stanley Cup of Chowder for their own unique brands of hype; we'll have a sandbox right here at 7.
Around the den
- A Game Seven of our own tomorrow: Devils at Panthers (8:30 p.m./networks to be announced); LBC Game Thread goes for the throat an hour earlier.
- TiqIQ has over 5,500 seats remaining in all price levels for the game, but the numbers are falling quickly
- The Cats will hold an optional practice today at 1 p.m. from Saveology Iceplex (open to the public). And BTW: we had a wonderful time last night regardless of the final score. Our special thanks to Kywi for treating this raucous and rambunctious crew as royalty :) Definitely be doing it again.
- No formal practice for the Devils prior to heading south.
- Retaining a 2-1 series lead, San Antonio plays Game Four against Chicago this evening; do check out Alex's recap of the action from Tuesday
- We had it all wrong: Mr. Yormark is just looking to get people to the games...even in Newark
- Speaking of rats, can someone lend a hand to our pal Spazm?