Enough with the flowery euphemisms we've been drowning in for the past 36 hours...get it done.
- (7) Washington defeated (2) Boston 2-1 (OT); Caps win series 4-3, advance to Eastern Conference semifinal. Joel Ward was the overtime hero on Wednesday, knocking in a Mike Knuble rebound past Tim Thomas at 2:57 and sending his club into a holding pattern until the conclusion of this evening's twin Game Seven sets. Braden Holtby - so far this postseason's Jaroslav Halak - made 31 saves. Local commentary from Japers' Rink and Stanley Cup of Chowder.
Tonight's other playoff action
- (8) Ottawa at (1) NY Rangers, Game Seven - 7 p.m. (NBCSN): Jason Spezza and Brad Richards lead their respective clubs with 5 points each. Craig Anderson: .933, Henrik Lundqvist: .942. Rags' Brian Boyle: 2 GWG. Pregame hype can be found at Silver Seven and Blueshirt Banter.
- As if we need to repeat it yet again: New Jersey Devils at Florida Panthers, 8:30 p.m. (FS-FLA, MSG+, TSN, RDS, NHLN, NBCSN); the LBC Game Thread goes live right here at 7:30.
- Kevin's LBC Game Preview will be up at 2
- Again, this is an 8:30 start, so plan your tailgate activities accordingly
- FS-FLA will be the local carrier; NHLN will have initial national coverage and jump to NBCSN upon the conclusion of Senators/Rangers
- No WQAM; MollerVision will be presented in stereo on KISS-FM 99.9
- Seats still remain, and there's no shortage of heroic deals via TiqIQ
- As always, it takes each of us to remain collectively informed on the day's progress, so please continue submitting relevant news links below (I'll unfortunately be on the road for a healthy portion of the day and unable to contribute until early evening)