SUNRISE, FL - MARCH 04: Brian Campbell #51 of the Florida Panthers moves in to hit Kyle Turris #7 of the Ottawa Senators at the BankAtlantic Center on March 4, 2012 in Sunrise, Florida. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Blueliner Brian Campbell (above, dematerializing) not only led the Florida Panthers with 24 assists from BankAtlantic Center - placing him 28th overall in the National Hockey League during 2011-12 - but ranked among leaders in the category from within the Southeast Division, behind only Blake Wheeler (WPG/29) and Eric Staal (CAR/25), while equaling Tampa Bay's Martin St. Louis...all forwards.
- (1) NY Rangers over (7) Washington, 2-1 (3OT): Marian Gaborik's wrister at 14:41 of the sixth period ends marathon; Braden Holtby stopped 47 shots in the loss. Rags lead series 2-1. Local reaction from Blueshirt Banter and Japers' Rink.
- (4) Nashville over (3) Phoenix, 2-0: Yotes were never really in this one despite outshooting Preds 32-26; Pekka Rinne finally resembled Pekka Rinne. Local reaction from On The Forecheck and Five For Howling.
Tonight's NHL Playoff Action
- (5) Philadelphia at (6) New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN): Game Three, series tied at 1-1
- (2) St. Louis at (8) Los Angeles, 10 p.m. (NBCSN): Game Three, Kings lead 2-0
Around the Den
- Jason Garrison and Mikael Samuelsson are scheduled to appear this Sunday at the 2nd annual South Florida Hockey Fest from Saveology Iceplex in Coral Springs; more info here
- A peek into the dynamics surrounding the Rampage and Barons, who begin second-round AHL Calder Cup play this evening (Uminski/MySA.com)
- Some genuine respect for the Panthers' efforts this season as Hockey Wilderness rolls out their annual awards
- Seeing any parallels between this season's Rangers and the 1994 edition?
- Friedman's weekly "30 Thoughts" (a day late on this; no Panthers talk but always good insight on the league)