PHILADELPHIA, PA - MAY 08: Ilya Bryzgalov #30 of the Philadelphia Flyers and Martin Brodeur #30 of the New Jersey Devils shake hands following the Devils victory over the Philadelphia Flyers in Game Five of the Eastern Conference Semifinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Wells Fargo Center on May 8, 2012 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Devils defeated the Flyers 3-1 to win the series four games to one. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
- (6) New Jersey defeated (5) Philadelphia 4-1, win series by same count. Safely ensconced as one half of the Eastern Conference Final, the Devils generated three straight victories to overcome a generally lost Flyers club unable to string together more than one solid period in any game. Local reaction from In Lou We Trust and Broad Street Hockey.
Tonight's NHL Playoff Action
- (1) NY Rangers at (7) Washington, 7:30 (NBCSN): the only series of the four remaining to be decided. Rags lead 3-2 (and were victorious in the last match) but neither team has won back-to-back games in the second round. Point being: it's the Caps' turn. Thread this evening right here at 7.
Cats at IIHF World Championship
- Tuesday: Russia downed Germany (Marcel Goc), 2-0
- Today: Tomas Kopecky broke out in a big way, notching the GWG and adding an empty-netter in Slovakia's 4-2 victory over Kazahkstan. Goc and Germany face Sweden this afternoon. Full schedule and stats here.
Around the Den
- Big sale at Pantherland today (BAC location only), as all playoff gear will be unloaded at a 40% markdown; runs only through 4 p.m. so get rolling.
- Your weekly Rampage Update (pdf); second-round series vs Oklahoma City continues tomorrow.
- His two-game suspension behind him, the Sea Dogs' Jonathan Huberdeau returns for playoff action tonight against Rimouski.
- Any news hits the wires throughout the afternoon, link it up below.
Will Rangers win their second-round series tonight?
Yes (22 votes)
No (19 votes)
41 total votes