At the NHL Scouting Combine, scouts, GMs, and reporters alike get to see top prospects not only perform a multitude of tests, but also interview with NHL teams and provide insight into what they are like both on and off the ice. The combine allows teams to not only get a good idea of the current physical attributes of a prospect, but also to get a good idea of where the prospect is at mentally, and whether or not they have the toughness and desire to succeed at the NHL level.
2014 NHL DRAFT
- A good player who can also be an intimidating force on the ice can be a huge asset to a team lacking in toughness. What players from the 2014 draft class are the most intimidating?
- William Nylander has been tagged as one of Dale Tallon's top prospects headed into draft day. What's the scoop on the talented son of former NHLer Michael Nylander?
- For those with an interest in delving through the performances of the top prospects at the NHL Scouting Combine, here's a full report of the results of the fitness and strength tests.
- Sam Bennett didn't necessarily impress during his showing at the Combine, and may have raised concerns over his strength with his inability to perform a pull up.
2014 NHL FREE AGENCY
- Tyler Dellow looks into which NHL defenseman seem to be able to perform better than their teams in his three part series on relative Corsi and famous defenseman. (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- Thomas Vanek has firmly decided on choosing his on team during this year's free agency period.
- Anze Kopitar leads all players in playoff scoring this year. How has he helped the Kings make it to their second Stanley Cup Final appearance in three seasons?
- Henrik Lundqvist is the New York Rangers best player. How good does he need to be to help them upset the Western Conference champion Los Angeles Kings?
- What makes the NHL playoffs that more exciting than the NBA playoffs? A self professed lifelong NBA-snob sums it up for those still wondering.
- The NHL seems set to make record profits with this year's Stanley Cup matchup.
- Though this season didn't go as planned for the Panthers, there still were a couple of memorable games for the Cats.
- Florida has signed another prospect, this time a third-rounder from back in 2012.
- Recent studies have come out saying NHL players peak at ages 28-29; SBNation's Eric T. has where the studies went wrong and why the age where players peak is actually that.
- NBC does a phenomenal job covering the NHL playoffs, but what else could they do to further their monopoly on coverage of the sport?