- Overlooked a bit after last night's victory (and Tomas Vokoun's shutout) was not only Gregory Campbell's game-winning goal, but his recent play: three points (2g) in his last four games and a +3 rating.
- Rostislav Olesz - another forward familiar with the fans' doghouse - has also been strong, recording six points (5g) in his past five (+4).
- The Panthers have a quick two-game trip beginning tomorrow in Newark against the Devils and wrapping on Thursday at (gloriously unsponsored) Nassau Coliseum. Not only do the Cats get the honor of another meeting with Martin Brodeur, but likely follow it up with a "healthy" Rick DiPietro, who shut out those very same Devils on Sunday. Ah, the Patrick Division.
- Very kewl to hear Hall of Famer Jiggs McDonald calling the Panthers on 790 The Ticket last night. Something indefinable - yet thoroughly classic - about his delivery. We still love ya, Randy!
- Terrific article on former Florida defenseman Mike Van Ryn and his astounding effort in attempting to return to NHL ice. Again.
Not to pile on, but I have to admit getting a chuckle out of this line from Panthers president/COO Michael Yormark a couple of days ago in his blog:
"As I’ve said in the past, being a season ticket holder with the Florida Panthers is the best value in professional sports,"
Just sounded eerily close to a similar phrase burned into our collective conscience:
"Keep in mind that the perfect accessory for the man in your life is a season ticket to the Chiefs' games."
Let's go Walt.