Found a few entertaining snippets from around the web concerning Thursday's victory over capped-out Calgary:
Peter DeBoer's Panthers were fast, industrious and committed. The Flames, meanwhile, displayed all the quickness of ancient Abe ("Ooooh, dat hoit ...") Vigoda being sacked at the end the Betty White Snickers commercial.
George Johnson, Calgary Herald
The Panthers, who led 2-0 on a pair of first-period goals -- three minutes apart -- from Radek Dvorak, outworked their counterparts from start to finish. Rarely were they pushed back.
Scott Cruikshank, Montreal Gazette
A young, fast-skating, creative group of Panthers were everything that the Flames aren't early in the 2010-11 season. It was boys against men, and it wasn't close. The boys won 3-0.Mark Spector, Sportsnet
More From Litter Box Cats
- Florida Panthers vs. Carolina Hurricanes: Prospect Showcase Tournament GameThread
- Montreal Canadiens will host the 2022 NHL Entry Draft
- Friday Offseason Caterwaul: Florida Panthers Open Forum
- Walt Disney Company announces 103 exclusive NHL games across its platforms
- Thursday Offseason Caterwaul: Florida Panthers Open Forum
- Announcement: A new commenting system is coming to Litter Box Cats