Enough with the flowery euphemisms we've been drowning in for the past 36 hours...get it done.
- (7) Washington defeated (2) Boston 2-1 (OT); Caps win series 4-3, advance to Eastern Conference semifinal. Joel Ward was the overtime hero on Wednesday, knocking in a Mike Knuble rebound past Tim Thomas at 2:57 and sending his club into a holding pattern until the conclusion of this evening's twin Game Seven sets. Braden Holtby - so far this postseason's Jaroslav Halak - made 31 saves. Local commentary from Japers' Rink and Stanley Cup of Chowder.
Tonight's other playoff action
- (8) Ottawa at (1) NY Rangers, Game Seven - 7 p.m. (NBCSN): Jason Spezza and Brad Richards lead their respective clubs with 5 points each. Craig Anderson: .933, Henrik Lundqvist: .942. Rags' Brian Boyle: 2 GWG. Pregame hype can be found at Silver Seven and Blueshirt Banter.
- As if we need to repeat it yet again: New Jersey Devils at Florida Panthers, 8:30 p.m. (FS-FLA, MSG+, TSN, RDS, NHLN, NBCSN); the LBC Game Thread goes live right here at 7:30.
- Kevin's LBC Game Preview will be up at 2
- Again, this is an 8:30 start, so plan your tailgate activities accordingly
- FS-FLA will be the local carrier; NHLN will have initial national coverage and jump to NBCSN upon the conclusion of Senators/Rangers
- No WQAM; MollerVision will be presented in stereo on KISS-FM 99.9
- Seats still remain, and there's no shortage of heroic deals via TiqIQ
- As always, it takes each of us to remain collectively informed on the day's progress, so please continue submitting relevant news links below (I'll unfortunately be on the road for a healthy portion of the day and unable to contribute until early evening)
Be sure to follow SB Nation's StoryStream coverage, and head over to In Lou We Trust for their take on tonight's craziness. See ya in a bit.