Florida Panthers prospects blank Boston Bruins 2-0
Sam Brittain and Jacob DeSerres combined on the shutout.
The Florida Panthers returned to competitive action today with their prospect camp roster posting a 2-0 shutout of their counterparts from the Boston Bruins, despite getting outshot by a 30-21 count, at the new Ford Ice Center in suburban Nashville.
Steven Hodges scored the first goal and set up local boy Cody Payne for a power-play marker to provide the final margin of victory. Jayce Hawryluk and Mackenzie Weegar drew the assists on Hodges' goal. Both goals came in the second period.
Sam Brittain started the game and made 13 stops before he was relieved by Jacob DeSerres. Boston's David Pastrnak was awarded a penalty shot in the third period and beat DeSerres, but caught the iron.
WATCH: #FlaPanthers Jacob DeSerres denies Boston Bruins Pastrnak https://t.co/wpHmfHF3Bh— Florida Panthers (@FlaPanthers) September 13, 2014
The lines and defensive pairing at the start of the game were as follows:
- Connor Brickley - Vincent Trocheck - Logan Shaw
- Cody Payne - Steven Hodges - Rocco Grimaldi
- Juho Lammikko - Stephen MacAulay - Jayce Hawryluk
- Liam Heelis - Stephan Vigier - Joe Basaraba
- Jonathan Racine - Aaron Ekblad
- Shayne Taker - Mackenzie Weegar
- Andrew Blazek - Joshua Brown
The Panthers' rookie corps will take on the host Nashville Predators tomorrow at 8 p.m. ET.