The first couple of games have been pretty ugly. The Cats may have picked up a point in Tampa, but boy did they ever drop the ball on the home opener. It's still early in the season, but if they keep losing, they're going to have a hole to climb out of if they want to contend for a playoff spot. Getting that first win will be a way to get the proverbial monkey off of their backs, and will hopefully loosen the team up and get them playing some better hockey.
Around the League
- The NHL brought Chris Pronger on board with the Department of Player Safety. There's a couple of reasons as to why that's just a bad idea.
- Nathan MacKinnon has some crazy fast foot speed.
- Erik Johnson appears to have had some choice words for Erik Haula after getting a match penalty for elbowing Haula in the head.
- Which backup goaltenders may find themselves with starting jobs at the end of the season?
- Will Jaromir Jagr ever stop scoring?