The Panthers are now 1-1-2, and they've been playing some good hockey. The team had a number of chances to get on the scoresheet before Brad Boyes finally netted one against Washington, and if they keep playing like they have been, they'll start getting the bounces and the pucks will start going in.
- Aaron Ekblad is playing like he's a 30-year-old veteran, not at all like an rookie straight out of juniors.
- Though the offense may be cause for concern, the team defense certainly has been something good for the team.
Shot differential #'s for Dmen with positive QoC and zone starts between 45-55%. One 18 year old stands out. pic.twitter.com/LIEem95PeA— Corey Pronman (@coreypronman) October 19, 2014
U21 total minutes played for Fs so far, Lindholm's spike is interesting pic.twitter.com/KjcC9oAHPb— Corey Pronman (@coreypronman) October 20, 2014
Around the League
- Bored? Play the fun "Phil Kessel Game"!
- After being one of the biggest targets in free agency this offseason, Kevin Hayes picks up his first NHL goal with the New York Rangers.
- The spread of ice hockey internationally led to an interesting first for the NHL during the Saturday night matchup between the Dallas Stars and the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Though it's only five games into the season, which offseason moves have paid the most dividends?
- This new website lets you have with the goal horns of NHL teams.
- UPDATE: (12:39 P.M) Kings defenseman Slava Voynov has been suspended indefinitely for a domestic violence arrest. (Shout out to "the iksar" for the find.)