It's still pretty slow out there in the hockey world, but here's a smattering of interesting links for summer reading while we wait for Florida Panthers prospect camp to begin later this week.
- The Panthers have signed No. 1 overall pick Aaron Ekblad to his entry level contract. Ekblad believes he'll make the big club come next season.
- In not so good news, the Cats have two players on the NHL's bad contract all star team.
- The KHL is back in business and Cats' prospect Yaroslav Kosov lit the lamp in Metallurg's 6-1 drubbing of Dynamo Moscow.
Around the NHL
- It's that time of the year again. With training camps looming, a number of players trying to save their careers will be given tryouts with NHL teams.
- Expansion has been a hot topic lately, but the commish put a damper on things while reassuring Panthers fans that the team isn't going anywhere during a recent visit to Quebec, of all places.
- The Predators help expand the hockey scene in the metro Nashville area.
- Old friend and former goaltender-of-the-future Jacob Markstrom looks for playing time with the Vancouver Canucks.
- Emoji's are fun to text with, and even more fun to review NHL teams with.
- For all of you who are tempted to pre order (or immediately purchase) NHL 15, you may want to wait...
- The Champions Hockey League is going on in Europe right now. Similar to the UEFA Champions League for soccer, the CHL takes the top European teams and holds a tournament to see which is truly the best on the Continent. There aren't many Panther-related interests, but it's still fun to pick a team and watch their game highlights.