Gotta say, this one crept up on me.
All of a sudden we're mere days away from the traditional (yet unofficial) training camp kickoff as team prospects & invites get to don NHL sweaters for the first time since early July.
Initial weigh-ins and physical exams are scheduled for Thursday, followed by a quick practice at the IceDen in Coral Springs the next morning (will advise on open-to-the-public status asap). A four-team Rookie Tournament begins Saturday, with prospects from the Boston Bruins, Tampa Bay Lightning, and host Nashville Predators rounding out the opposition. Schedule of events via the club:
• Saturday, Sept. 13 – Florida vs. Boston – 2 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 13 – Tampa vs. Nashville – 5:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 14 – Tampa vs. Boston – 5 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 14 – Nashville vs. Florida – 8 p.m.
• Monday, Sept. 15 – Practice Day (all teams)
• Tuesday, Sept. 16 – Tampa vs. Florida – 11 a.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 16 – Nashville vs. Boston – 2 p.m.
**All Times Eastern/Dates & Times Subject to Change**
For those of you new to the game: no, none of the tourney will be broadcast or streamed in any form. Much like the exhibition season, come to think of it.
Prospects expected to attend (side note - NCAA players such as Kyle Rau/Zach Hyman/Michael Matheson and the like are not eligible to participate):
- 61 Joe Basaraba
- 84 Francis Beauvillier
- 86 Connor Brickley
- 23 Rocco Grimaldi
- 8 Jayce Hawryluk
- 85 Liam Heelis
- 59 Steven Hodges
- 91 Juho Lammikko
- 62 Stephen MacAuley
- 87 Wade Meegan
- 76 Cody Payne (from Weston! Appeared at Development Camp in July)
- 68 Logan Shaw
- 21 Vincent Trocheck (this tourney can only help, so don't ask why he's here)
- 94 Tony Turgeon
- 71 Stephan Vigier
- 70 Andrew Blazek
- 96 Joshua Brown
- 57 Keevin Cutting
- 5 Aaron Ekblad
- 67 Michael Quinn
- 58 Jonathan Racine
- 80 Shayne Taker
- 98 Mackenzie Weegar
- 31 Sam Brittain
- 60 Jacob DeSerres
- 90 Clarke Saunders
Full recent stats and the usual home-towney courtesy of the Panthers here. Yep, a few of those names up there are new around these parts, as well. More to come as the week progresses.