- WHO: Florida Panthers (1GP 1-0 2P) vs Philadelphia Flyers (2GP 0-1-1 1P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 6:30ish
- WHERE: Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA
- ON THE TUBE: Fox Sports Florida, CSN-PH, NHL Network US
- ON THE RADIO: 560 WQAM, 640 AM Sports
- ENEMY INTEL: Broad Street Hockey
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 3 (1-0)
- ALL-TIME vs PHI: 33W-42L-7T 2OTL 3SOL 218GF 256GA
- ALL-TIME at PHI: 19W-18L-6T 1OTL 0SOL 110GF 115GA
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Neuvirth (0-0, .864/.340), Luongo (1-0 .974/1.00)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Philadelphia
- JAGR WATCH: All-time vs PHI: 94GP 47G-71A 118P Plus-31 77PIM 9GWG 314SOG
- TWITTER TAGS: #FlaPanthers, #Flyers, #FLAvsPHI & give us a follow @LitterBoxCats
- NOTES: Still mining water on Pluto? This is the Panthers' second game of the 2015-16 season. Seven goals were hung on the Flyers Saturday, so expect a chippy affair this evening. F Shawn Thornton (7 PIM in 7:48 TOI) continues to have a role heading into a new week. Players who earned 2 or more points Saturday: Barkov (2A), Smith (2G), Trocheck (1G/3A), Jokinen (1G/1A), Jagr (2G) & Pirri (2A). Luongo stopped 38 shots. Doing our best not to poke a nest of hornets. That said, give this a read; it's worth your time.
- LOCALS: Panthers expect fired-up Flyers in Philadelphia rematch (Miami Herald/GR) / Panthers expect feisty Flyers in Monday's rematch (Sun-Sentinel/Harvey)
Last game for the Cats: 7-1 season-opening victory Saturday in Sunrise over tonight's opponent. Past five: 1-0 7GF 1GA (streak: 1W)
Last game for the Flyers: We'll allow our buds at BSH to set the scene. Past five: 0-1-1 3GF 10GA (streak: 2L)
Florida is expecting an angry Flyers team coming off the loss Saturday. "It's not going to be the type of game we had [Saturday] night,'' forward Nick Bjugstad told the Miami Herald after practice Sunday. "I think they're going to use their anger and we know they're a better team. We got some bounces. We can't come in too excited, ride in on a high horse. We won a game. We have to move on.'' Goalie Roberto Luongo, 4-1-0 in his past five games against the Flyers, is expected to start for the Panthers. Luongo is one win behind Grant Fuhr (403) for ninth place on the NHL's all-time list.
More via NHL.com (video previews coming soon)
Monday in the Atlantic Division (Standings / Playoff Chances - coming soon):
- TAMPA BAY (2-0 4P) at BOSTON (0-2 0P), 1:00 p.m.
- Columbus (0-2 0P) at BUFFALO (0-2 0P), 3:00
- Idle: DET (4P), MON (6P), OTT (4P), TOR (1P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets