Florida Panthers (11GP 5-4-2 12P) vs Anaheim Ducks (11GP 2-7-2 6P)
- WHEN: 10:30 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 10ish
- WHERE: Honda Center - Anaheim, CA
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports West
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN, 107.9 WAXE, 97.7 The Wave, Panthers Official App (iOS, Android)
- SOCIALLY SPEAKING: #FlaPanthers, #NHLDucks, #FLAvsANA & if you're feeling generous give us a follow @LitterBoxCats and toss us a "Like" at the LBC FaceBook page
- ENEMY INTEL: Anaheim Calling, Three Questions with AC
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 1 of 2 (0-0)
- ALL-TIME vs ANA: 13W-10L-3T 1OTL 0SOL 80GF 73GA
- ALL-TIME at ANA: 7W-5L-1T 1OTL 0SOL 44GF 42GA
- LAST FIVE vs ANA: 3-2 17GF 14GA
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Luongo (3-4-1 .934/2.15 0SO), Andersen (1-5-2 .935/2.05 0SO)
- JAGR WATCH: All-time vs ANA (reg season): 24GP 16G-15A 31P 4GWG
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Anaheim
- NOTES: F Jaromir Jagr is "expected" to return to the lineup tonight, as most media outlets have reported. And let's be honest: that's all you really care about... While the Cats only managed two goals this past weekend, they did have plenty of chances, totaling 59 shots against the Bruins and Capitals...Keep an eye on Nick Bjugstad and Jonathan Huberdeau. Both players had five points in the two games against Anaheim last season...Hard to believe, but the Ducks will be looking to post their first winning streak of the season...Swedish winger Rickard Rakell is Anaheim's leading scorer with four points (2G/2A)...No Duck skater has hit the three-goal mark as of yet.
- QUOTED: "It’s OK as long as we don’t think that’s the be-all, end-all. We have to build on it. We have to put things together. The next game we play, it’s going to be just as tough. Florida beat us pretty good last year. It’s not going to be easy."
- Ducks G Frederik Andersen following his club's 4-2 victory over the Predators on Sunday; it was Anaheim's first win in six games. Florida throttled the Ducks with a pair of 6-2 victories in 2014-15.
Last game for the Cats: 2-1 (OT) home loss vs Washington Saturday. Past five: 2-2-1 14GF 11GA (streak: 2L)
Last game for the Ducks: 4-2 home victory over Nashville Sunday. Past five: 1-3-1 8GF 12GA (streak: 1W)
"Playing a big role in Anaheim's offensive woes are the struggles of Corey Perry, who after totaling 76 goals the past two seasons has none through the first 11 games. He was held without a point against the Panthers last season." (More)
Tuesday Practice Update:
- Winnipeg (7-4-1 15P) at TORONTO (2-7-2 6P), 7:00
- Idle: MON (11-2 22P), TB (6-5-2 14P), BOS (6-3-1 13P), OTT (5-4-2 12P), DET (5-5-1 11P), BUF (5-7 10P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets