About a week ago, head overlord Donny Rivette posted an article asking where everyone was coming to the draft from. There was a great response to the article, and enough people sounded off in the comment section that LBC is going to have a mini-draft party. Everyone from anywhere is invited, as there will be no refreshments provided and we will simply be trying to get to know one another in person, instead of by user name.
Here's how it's going to go down...
- JetBlue FanFest opens at 2 o'clock. I highly doubt anyone will get there exactly at two, but I do plan on getting there anywhere from 2:30 to 3:00. Starting at three, every hour, I will stand at the top of the stairs directly in front of the BB&T Center. For those wondering where that is, it's here: but center yourself with the PantherLand sign.
- To reiterate, I will stand at the top of that stairway at 3:00 P.M, 4:00 P.M, and 5:00 P.M. You are welcome to join me at anyone of those times, and you are also welcome to ignore me. It's hard to tell how many other LBC members will be there, but I know for a fact that I will be there. Please come meet me, if you can.
- Once inside the building (doors open at 5:00 P.M), the LBC crew will try to sit together, as I'm almost 100% sure that everyone has general admission tickets (no assigned seats). Though this part isn't set in stone, the plan is to have everyone meet outside of sections 309 and 310 from 6:30 P.M - 6:45 P.M. If these sections are full, we'll migrate elsewhere, but try and meet up with us before 6:45 P.M, so that we have time to move elsewhere in the arena.
- I will be active on Twitter during this entire time, using the hashtag #LBC2015DraftMeetUp. If you decide to completely ignore everything I've said so far, and then have a change of heart at the arena, you should still be able to find me.
- Obviously, don't feel like you have to stay with the LBC group the whole time. This is just for people on the site to finally get to meet each other, and hopefully, if there are other fanbases/blogs who end up reading this, for them to get to meet us. Hockey fans are one big family, and when we all have a common reason to come together, it makes no sense for us to not at least introduce ourselves.
- Basically the same thing. I'll hang out in front of the BB&T Center at each hour before the draft starts (so 9:00 AM), and then I'll head inside and meet people outside of sections 309 and 310 half an hour before the event kicks off (9:30 A.M - 9:45 A.M).