Panthers (3-1-1 7P) vs Penguins (3-2-1 7P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 6:30ish
- WHERE: PPG Paints(!) Arena - Pittsburgh, PA
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, ROOT
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Pens, #FLAvsPIT, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Pensburgh
- SB NATION: Game Hub
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 1 of 3 (0-0)
- ALL-TIME vs PIT: 36W-34L-4T 7OTL 4SOL 237GF 241GA
- ALL-TIME in PIT: 13W-18L-3T 4OTL 4SOL 111GF 128GA
- LAST FIVE vs PIT: 2-1-2 11GF 15GA
- LAST GAME vs PIT: FLA 2 at PIT 1 (SO) (Todd’s Recap) - 02/15/2016
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Reimer (0-0-1 .893/2.78), Fleury (3-2-1 .904/3.31)
- JAGR WATCH: All-time vs PIT (regular season): 54GP 24G-22A 46P +1 4GWG
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Pittsburgh
Center Sidney Crosby listed himself as a game-time decision but coach Mike Sullivan said he'll likely play. "We'll see how things go today, but yesterday was good," Crosby said. "So, we'll see." Crosby, who has yet to play this season because of a concussion sustained during an Oct. 7 practice, centered a line with left wing Scott Wilson and right wing Patric Hornqvist during the morning skate. He also joined Hornqvist, Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel and Justin Schultz on the top power-play unit. Crosby's addition could spark a dormant Penguins offense that has averaged two goals through six games. (More)
Jaromir Jagr and Sidney Crosby are from different eras and different countries, and the style of play when each entered the NHL was wildly disparate, as well.
What they have in common is the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jagr, who is 44 and is 25 years removed from his NHL debut, starred on the first two Penguins teams to win the Stanley Cup. Crosby, who is 29 and is 11 years removed from his NHL debut, starred on the last two Penguins teams to win the Stanley Cup.
On Tuesday night, the crisscrossing careers of two of the NHL's most dominant offensive players of the last quarter-century could converge again at PPG Paints Arena.
Crosby, who missed the first six Penguins games with a concussion, took part in a full practice Monday -- his first since the season began. He might make his season debut against Jagr's Florida Panthers. (More)
Last game for the Cats: 5-2 victory over Colorado Saturday. Past five: 3-1-1 (streak: 1W)
Last game for the Pens: 5-1 loss in Nashville Saturday. Past five: 2-2-1 (streak: 1L)
Tuesday in the Atlantic Division (Standings / Panthers Playoff Chances):
- Minnesota (3-2-1 7P) at BOSTON (3-2-0 6P), 7:00
- BUFFALO (1-2-1 3P) at Philadelphia (2-3-1 5P), 7:30 NBCSN
- Carolina (1-2-2 4P) at DETROIT (4-2-0 8P), 7:30
- TAMPA BAY (4-1-0 8P) at TORONTO (1-1-3 5P), 7:30
- OTTAWA (3-2-0 6P) at Vancouver (4-1-1 9P), 10:00
- Idle: MONTREAL (5-0-1 10P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets