Panthers (18-16-8 44P) vs Islanders (15-15-8 38P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 6:30ish
- WHERE: Barclays Center - Brooklyn, NY
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, MSG+
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN
- GOODIES: PanthersPalooza III & Nole Night on January 14 vs Columbus!
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Isles, #FLAvsNYI, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Lighthouse Hockey
- SB NATION: Game Feature Hub
- BACK-TO-BACK? (FLA/NYI): No/No
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 3 (1-0-0)
- ALL-TIME vs NYI (RS): 46W-29L-8T 2OTL 6SOL 269GF 246GA
- ALL-TIME at NYI (RS): 21W-18L-2T 2OTL 3SOL 125GF 119GA
- LAST FIVE vs NYI (RS): 4-1-0 17GF 11GA
- LAST MEETING: FLA 3 - NYI 2 (OT) from Sunrise (Kevin’s Recap) - 11/12/2016
- NEXT MEETING (RS): Friday, 01/13/17 at Sunrise
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Luongo (12-10-5 .921/2.39 1SO) vs Greiss (9-5-2 .927/2.31 0SO)
- TALE OF THE TAPE via Left Wing Lock
- JAGR WATCH: All-time vs NYI (RS): 110GP 61G-93A 154P +19 13GWG
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / New York
The last time the New York Islanders hosted the Florida Panthers was April 24, when Islanders captain John Tavares authored the most dramatic hockey moment the Barclays Center has seen by scoring in double overtime to give New York a series-winning victory over the Panthers in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.
Tavares' dramatic goal will seem a lot further away than a mere 270 days Wednesday night, when the reeling Islanders host the Panthers in the lone game between the teams this season at Barclays Center.
The Islanders fell to the Arizona Coyotes 2-1 in a shootout Saturday. It was the second straight 2-1 loss to a Western Conference also-ran for New York (15-15-8), which lost in overtime to Colorado on Friday.
The losing streak has stalled the momentum the Islanders created before their "bye week," which they entered off a 4-1-0 stretch. New York has the fewest points in the Eastern Conference a season after reaching the conference semifinals for the first time since 1993. (More via Yahoo! Sports/AP)
Last game by the Cats: 3-0 victory in Newark Monday. Last five: 3-2-0 (streak: 1W)
Last game by the Isles: 2-1 (SO) loss at Arizona on Saturday. Last five: 2-1-2 (streak: 2L)
Wednesday in the Atlantic Division (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- MONTREAL (25-10-6 56P) at Winnipeg (20-20-3 43P), 7:30
- Idle: BOS (49P), OTT (46P), TOR (44P), TB (42P), BUF (41P), DET (40 P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets