Panthers (20-17-8 48P) vs Flames (23-20-3 49P)
- WHEN: 9:00 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 8:30ish
- WHERE: Scotiabank Saddledome - Calgary, AB
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, Sportsnet West
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN
- GOODIES: Updated as events arise!
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Flames, #FLAvsCGY, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Matchsticks & Gasoline
- SB NATION: Game Feature Hub
- BACK-TO-BACK? (FLA/CGY): (Need you ask???) Front/None
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 1 of 2 (0-0)
- ALL-TIME vs CGY (RS): 11W-11L-3T 2OTL 2SOL 74GF 82GA
- ALL-TIME at CGY (RS): 6W-5L-1T 1OTL 1SOL 39GF 43GA
- LAST FIVE vs CGY (RS): 2-3-0 15GF 22GA
- LAST MEETING: Host CGY 6, FLA 0 (Todd’s Recap) - 01/13/2016
- NEXT MEETING (RS): Friday 02/24/17 at Sunrise
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Luongo (13-11-5 .922/2.40 1SO) vs Johnson (15-10-1 .924/2.25 3SO)
- TALE OF THE TAPE via Left Wing Lock
- JAGR WATCH: All-time vs CGY (RS): 34GP 13G-27A 40P +6 2GWG
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Calgary
When they take on the Panthers, the Flames will be looking to bounce back from consecutive 2-1 losses, including a disappointing shootout setback to the Oilers in Edmonton on Saturday.
"What we want is to keep winning games and get into the playoffs," defenseman Dougie Hamilton told reporters. "We're focused on the now. There's obviously a lot of games left. We've just got to keep grinding it out and focusing on the little things."
Veteran center Matt Stajan said that the Flames, who have held opposing teams to just nine goals in their past five games, have to continue to concentrate on playing solid defensively in the second half of the NHL season.
"It's the mistakes and turnovers that'll kill you at this time of the year," said Stajan. "If you play solid defensively and on top of the puck, you're going to get your chances in every game. I like our chances with the offense we have, so if we can just stick with that, we'll win games." (More via Yahoo! Sports/AP)
Last game by the Cats: 4-3 (REG) victory over ‘Lumbus Saturday. Last five: 3-2-0 (streak: 1W)
Last game by the Flames: 2-1 (SO) loss in Edmonton Saturday. Last five: 2-2-1 (streak: 2L)
- BUFFALO (17-17-9 43P) at TORONTO (20-13-8 48P), 7:30
- OTTAWA (22-15-4 48P) at St. Louis (23-16-5 51P), 8:00
- TAMPA BAY (21-20-4 46P) at Anaheim (24-13-9 57P), 10:00
- Idle: MON (60P), BOS (51P), DET (44P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets