Panthers (2-3-0 4P) at Penguins (4-2-1 9P)
- WHEN: 7:30 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 7:00ish
- WHERE: BB&T Center - Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 850 WFTL (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #LetsGoPens, #PITvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Pensburgh
- SB NATION: Game Feature Hub
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 3 (0-1-0)
- ALL-TIME vs PIT (RS): 36W-38L-40T 7OTL 4SOL 243GF 257GA
- ALL-TIME at FLA (RS): 23W-17L-1T 3OTL 0SOL 127GF 118GA
- LAST MEETING: Host PIT 4, FLA 3 - (Recap) - 10/14/2017
- NEXT MEETING: February 24, 2018
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Luongo (1-2-0 .901/3.41 0SO) vs Murray (4-0-1 .895/3.41 1SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Pittsburgh
The Pittsburgh Penguins are kind of like a hockey version of the New England Patriots.
In New England, the supporting cast changes, but as long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are around, the Patriots will win an impressive amount of division, conference and Super Bowl titles.
In Pittsburgh, the supporting cast changes, but as long as Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are around, the Penguins will win an impressive amount of division, conference and Stanley Cup titles.
On Friday night -- for the second time in one week -- Florida (2-3-0) will take on the two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Penguins (4-2-1).
It figures to be a difficult task for the Panthers, who lost to the Penguins 4-3 on Saturday as part of an empty trip to Pennsylvania that also included a 5-1 failure against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday. (More via AP)
- Vancouver (2-3-1 5P) at BUFFALO (1-4-2 4P) 7 p.m.
- Washington (3-3-1 7P) at DETROIT (4-3-0 8P) 7:30 p.m.
- MONTREAL (1-5-1 3P) at Anaheim (2-3-1 5P) 10 p.m.
- Idle: TBL (13P), TOR (12P), OTT (9P), BOS (6P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets