Panthers (3-5-0 6P) vs Ducks (4-3-1 9P)
- WHEN: 7:30 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 7:00ish
- WHERE: BB&T Center - Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, KCOP-13
- ON THE DIAL: 940 WINZ (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #LetsGoDucks, #ANAvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Anaheim Calling, Battle Of California
- SB NATION: Game Feature Hub
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 1 of 2 (0-0-0)
- ALL-TIME vs ANA (RS): 15W-11L-3T 1OTL 1SOL 89GF 81GA
- ALL-TIME at FLA (RS): 7W-6L-2T 0OTL 0SOL 39GF 35GA
- LAST MEETING: FLA 4, Host ANA 1 (Recap) - 2/17/2017
- NEXT MEETING: November 19, 2017
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Reimer (2-3-0 .903/3.59 0SO) vs Gibson (4-2-1 .933/2.48 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Anaheim
The Anaheim Ducks, who visit the Florida Panthers on Thursday night, are getting healthier.
In a 6-2 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday, a game that opened a four-game Ducks road trip, Anaheim (4-3-1) got its captain back as well as a key defenseman.
Captain Ryan Getzlaf, a first-line center, returned to the lineup and produced a goal and an assist. He missed the previous three games due to a lower-body injury.The Anaheim Ducks, who visit the Florida Panthers on Thursday night, are getting healthier.
In addition to Getzlaf, the Ducks on Tuesday welcomed back Hampus Lindholm, who is perhaps their top defenseman. He had offseason shoulder surgery but was able to log 20 minutes in his 2017-18 debut against the Flyers.
The Panthers (3-5-0) would love to make the Ducks pay with their speed, which is considerable. Florida is off to a poor 1-4-0 start on the road but is 2-1-0 at home.
Florida will be without starting goalie Roberto Luongo through Saturday at least. He injured his right hand last weekend and was placed on injured reserve.
With Luongo out, James Reimer has been making all the starts, although the Panthers signed Antti Niemi off waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Panthers are also missing two forwards due to injuries: Jared McCann (lower body) and Colton Sceviour (upper body).The Panthers (3-5-0) would love to make the Ducks pay with their speed, which is considerable. Florida is off to a poor 1-4-0 start on the road but is 2-1-0 at home. (More via AP)
- San Jose (4-4-0 8P) at BOSTON (3-3-1 7P) 7 p.m.
- Carolina (3-3-1 7P) at TORONTO (7-2-0 14P) 7 p.m.
- Los Angeles (7-1-1 15P) at MONTREAL (2-6-1 5P) 7:30 p.m.
- Philadelphia (5-4-0 10P) at OTTAWA (4-1-4 12P) 7:30 p.m.
- DETROIT (4-5-1 9P) at TAMPA BAY (8-1-1 15P) 7:30 p.m.
- Idle: BUF (8P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets