Panthers (24-20-10 58P) at Sharks (34-18-5 73P)
- WHEN: 10:30 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 10ish
- WHERE: SAP Center - San Jose, CA
- ON THE TUBE: NBCSN
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN
- GOODIES: Super Hero Night Feb 22! Faith and Family/UCF/Hockey ‘n Heels Night Feb 24!
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #SJSharks, #FLAvsSJS, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Fear the Fin, Battle of California
- SB NATION: Game Feature Hub
- BACK-TO-BACK? (FLA/SJ): None/None
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 2 (0-1-0)
- ALL-TIME vs SJ (RS): 11W-12L-7T 0OTL 1SOL 75GF 90GA
- ALL-TIME at SJ: 6W-7L-2T 0OTL 0SOL 35GF 46GA
- LAST FIVE vs SJ (RS): 2-2-1 12GF 14GA
- LAST MEETING: SJ 4 - FLA 2 at Sunrise (Todd’s Recap) - 11/10/2016
- NEXT MEETING (RS): 2017-18 season
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Luongo (15-14-6 .916/2.64 1SO) vs Jones (28-15-4 .916/2.27 2SO)
- TALE OF THE TAPE via Left Wing Lock
- JAGR WATCH: All-time vs SJ (RS): 32GP 13G-22A 35P +1 0GWG
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / San Jose
Coming off a less than successful road trip, the San Jose Sharks are focused on improving their play at home to maintain their grip on the Pacific Division lead.
After salvaging a win in the finale of their East Coast swing, the Sharks return to SAP Center to face the Florida Panthers on Wednesday night.
The Sharks (34-18-5) are back in northern California for the first time since Feb. 4, hoping to avoid their third loss in four home games. Still, San Jose is 18-7-2 overall at home and 16-0-2 there when holding opponents to two goals or less.
The Panthers are in the bottom third of the league with an average of 2.41 goals per game on the road.
San Jose also is looking to sweep the series for the second straight season. The Sharks rallied from an early two-goal deficit to defeat Florida 4-2 on Nov. 10 behind two goals from Brent Burns. (More from AP/Yahoo! Sports)
Last action from the Cats: 7-4 victory in Nashville Saturday. Past five: 4-1-0 (streak: 1W)
Last action from the Fish: 4-1 win at Newark Sunday. Past five: 1-1-3 (streak: 1W)
- TORONTO (26-18-11 63P) at Columbus (35-15-5 75P), 7:00
- St. Louis (29-22-5 3P) at DETROIT (22-24-10 54P), 8:00 NBCSN
- Idle: MTL (70P), OTW (64P), BOS (64P), TB (57P), BUF (58P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets