Coyotes (26-37-9 61P) at Panthers (31-30-11 73P)
- WHEN: 7:30 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 7ish
WHERE: BB&T Center -
Miami Ft. LauderdaleSunrise, FL
- TICKETS: via the Club
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Arizona
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #ArizonaCoyotes, #ARIvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Five For Howling
- SB NATION: Game Feature Hub
- BACK-TO-BACK? (FLA/ARI): None/None
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 2 (0-0-1)
- ALL-TIME vs ARI/WPG 1.0 (RS): 11W-13L-30T 3TL 1SOL 80GF 83GA
- ALL-TIME at FLA (RS): 6W-7L-0T 0OTL 1SOL 38GF 35GA
- LAST FIVE vs ARI (RS): 2-1-2 9GF 13GA
- LAST MEETING: Host ARI 3 - FLA 2 (OT) - (Todd’s Recap) - 01/23/2017
- NEXT MEETING (RS): 2017-18 season
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Reimer 14-14-5 2.63/.917 0SO) vs Smith (18-22-8 .914/2.93 3SO)
- TALE OF THE TAPE via Left Wing Lock
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Arizona
Scouting Report: The Arizona Coyotes were eliminated from playoff contention on Monday, and the Florida Panthers likely are not far behind.
Welcome to the world of the Panthers, a franchise that shockingly won the Atlantic Division last year and then made a bunch of changes, including firing their head coach about a month into the season.
Florida, which has had a worse winning percentage under interim coach Tom Rowe than it did under the fired Gerard Gallant, is still alive in the playoff chase -- but barely.
The Panthers would have to create a nearly perfect 11-game finish to have any hope of leapfrogging the four teams that are in their way for the final playoff berth in the Eastern Conference.
Meanwhile, Arizona (27-37-9) is 4-2-1 in its past seven games as it tries to finish strong at the end of a fifth straight year with no playoffs. (More via AP)
Last action from the Cats: 4-3 (REG) loss to visiting Carolina Tuesday. Past five: 2-3-0 (streak: 2L)
Last action from the Yotes: 5-3 victory in Tampa Bay Tuesday. Past five: 2-2-1 (streak: 1W)
- TAMPA BAY (34-29-9 77P) at BOSTON (38-29-6 82P), 7:00
- New Jersey (27-33-12 66P) at TORONTO (34-23-15 83P), 7:30
- Carolina (31-27-13 75P) at MONTREAL (41-23-9 91P), 7:30
- Pittsburgh (46-17-9 91P) at OTTAWA (40-24-8 88P), 7:30 NHLN
- IDLE: BUF (72P), DET (69P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets