With the Winnipeg - Nashville series in the books, and the Jets moving on to face Vegas, the third round of the Stanley Cup playoffs are all set, but first, let’s get to the second round results of LBC’s annual playoff predictions contest.
JakeCPanther was the second round winner, going a perfect 4-0 with an astounding four bonus points for a total of 16 points. Amazing job, Jake! Calling all four series in the correct amount of games is impressive stuff.
Honorable mention goes out to joerockhead (14 points), meisenbergpanthers (14 points), sterling59 (13 points), and Jeff Lipson (12 points). That group all posted a 4-0 record as well. kSelvig also hit 12 points for the round by going 3-1 with three bonus points.
If you didn’t enter the first two rounds, no problem... you can jump in right now. There are round by round winners, in addition to an overall winner at the end.
Round Two Results
Jeff Lipson (12)
Brent Temple (9)
Panthers Underground (8)
Colonel Bob (6)
- Washington Capitals vs Tampa Bay Lightning
- Vegas Golden Knights vs Winnipeg Jets
The scoring for the third round will remain the same, three points for a correct prediction and a bonus point for calling the winner in the correct amount of games. The tiebreaker this time will be the total amount of goals scored in the Capitalss - Lightning series. Since we are a Panthers blog, we’ll keep it closer to home with the Eastern Conference series. Please enter your picks in the comment section mirroring the example below. Remember, there is a round-by-round winner and an overall winner at the end, so even if you didn’t enter or do so good in the first or second round, get or stay in the game. Good luck!
Lightning (6) total goals: 33
Golden Knights (7)
Washington at Tampa Bay 8 p.m. NBCSN
2018 IIHF World Championship
Slovakia 3, France 1
Czech Republic 4, Russia 3 (OT)
- Evgenii Dadonov finished with no points, two shots on goal and a -2 rating in 16:03 TOI
- Maxim Mamin logged 7:46 TOI and finished with no shots and a -1 rating.
United States 3, Latvia 2 (OT)
- Cam Atkinson scored the game-winning, power-play goal 1:23 into overtime to give the Americans the win and first place in Group B. New Jersey’s Keith Kinkaid stopped 17 of 19 shots. USA! USA! USA!
Canada 5 vs Norway 0
- Aaron Ekblad registered three shots on goal and finished with a +1 rating. The Florida Panthers defender logged 16:30 of ice time in the shutout win.
France vs Austria 10:15 a.m.
Belarus vs Czech Republic 2:15 p.m.
Denmark vs Norway 10:15 a.m. NHL Network
United States vs South Korea 2:15 p.m. NHL Network