It looks like the Florida Panthers have settled in for the summer. After signing unrestricted free agent goaltender Michael Hutchinson and extending forward Jared McCann on Sunday, the Cats have not made any NHL roster type moves the last two days.
The club did add forward Paul Thompson and defenseman Jacob MacDonald on two-way deals on Monday and the Springfield Thunderbids followed that up by signing forwards Blaine Byron, Jake Horton, Matt Mangene and Tony Turgeon, and goaltender Chris Driedger to AHL contracts on Tuesday.
Litter Box Nuggets (Five for Reading)
- The Carolina Hurricanes made a splash by inking defenseman Calvin de Haan to a four-year deal. That’s a good get for the Hurricanes. (Canes Country)
- Former number one pick Nail Yakupov has gone back home to Russia, signing with SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL. (Edmonton Sun)
- Ex co-workers Kyle Dubas and Lou Lamriello completed their first trade (awww). The Maple Leafs sent Matt Martin back to the Islanders for goalie prospect Eamon McAdam. (Pension Plan Puppets)
- Keeping it in the division, the Boston Bruins re-signed RFA fourth line center Sean Kuraly to new three-year pact. (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
- ESPN’s NHL crew breaks down the best and worst of the early stages of this summer’s free agent frenzy. (ESPN)