The Hockey News featured the Florida Panthers in its Five-year Forecast series on Tuesday. If you haven’t checked it out yet it’s worth a read. Basically they combined the best of the Cats currently under contract with some of the better prospects in the organization to put together a 20-man roster, and the future looks pretty bright.
With a growing crop of talented youngsters up front and the Barkov-Huberdeau combo leading the way, the Panthers can be an offensive force in the future. Netminding will also be a strength, while there is a nice mixture of skill sets to draw from on the blueline.
This week the Panthers also announced its Promotional Nights schedule for the 2019-20 season.
- Back by popular demand, every Thursday home game this season will be ‘$5 Beer Thursdays.’ Fans can enjoy special pricing on domestic beers at BB&T Center.
- ’Nacho Tots Tuesday’ will feature a fan favorite concession item: tater tots. Fans are able to purchase three different types of tater tots on Tuesday night games at BB&T Center. Regular tots will be $5, nacho cheese tots will be $6 and loaded nacho tots will be $7.
- Saturdays at BB&T Center will feature a new series called ‘Territory Takeovers’ where the Panthers will celebrate 12 local communities that represent the tri-county area (Broward, Miami-Dade & Palm Beach). These takeover nights give fans the opportunity to unite with their local community at BB&T Center.
Exciting Matchups at BB&T Center:
The Panthers will open the 2019-20 season at home against the Tampa Bay Lightning on October 5. The first 10,000 fans in the building will receive a magnetic schedule, courtesy of FOX Sports Florida.
On October 18, the Panthers will host the Colorado Avalanche for Halloween night presented by IT’SUGAR. Fans can participate in the post-game trick-or- treat on the ice by donating $3 to the Florida Panthers Foundation at the Foundation table located outside of Club Lexus.
A fundamental pillar of the Florida Panthers Foundation, the team will celebrate Military Appreciation Night on November 7 and January 12. On January 12, fans will have the opportunity to bid on exclusive warm-up worn military jerseys with proceeds benefiting the Florida Panthers Foundation. In addition, all military personnel can receive discounted tickets by visiting the BB&T Center box office.
The Florida Panthers and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center will present their annual Hockey Fights Cancer night at BB&T Center on November 16 when the Panthers host the New York Rangers. Fans will have the opportunity to bid on exclusive warm-up worn HFC jerseys with proceeds benefitting the Florida Panthers Foundation. ] In addition, the Viktor E. Dash is back in partnership with Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. The race will take place on November 24 at BB&T Center.
On March 7, fans are encouraged to be in their seats early to watch a ceremony for the No. 1 jersey retirement of Roberto Luongo. This night will honor Luongo’s legacy of class and excellence both on and off the ice.
The Panthers will host their second Pucks & Pints Beerfest of the season during the St. Patrick’s Day celebration on March 14 when the Panthers host the New Jersey Devils. In partnership with Funky Buddha Brewery, fans can arrive early to the game to sample beers from local breweries before watching the Cats take the ice. Fans will be able to bid on exclusive warm-up worn St. Patrick’s Day jerseys with proceeds benefitting the Florida Panthers Foundation.
Additional Dates include:
- Panther Conservation Night - Nov. 19, 2019 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
- Pride Night - Feb. 8, 2020 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
- Autism Awareness Night - April 2, 2020 vs. Ottawa Senators
- Fan Appreciation Night - April 4, 2020 vs. Washington Capitals
The New York Islanders have brought back forward Anthony Beauvillier on a new two-year deal worth $4.2 million. Beauvillier is coming off a pair of strong seasons for the Islanders that saw him post a combined total of 39 goals and 64 points. (Lighthouse Hockey)