- WHEN: 9:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, Fox Sports Arizona
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Yotes, #FLAvsARI, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Five For Howling
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 2 (0-1-0)
- LAST MEETING: ARI 5, @FLA 2 (Recap) - 1/7/2020
- NEXT MEETING: Stanley Cup or 2020-21 season
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (22-18-5 .898/ 3.29 1SO) vs Kuemper (15-8-2 .929/ 2.17 2SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Arizona
The Florida Panthers recently had a stretch that saw them go 7-1 and at the time they were in a good position to make the postseason. Well, the Panthers have since lost eight of their last 11 games to fall to four points out of the 8th spot in the Eastern Conference playoff standings. Florida has not made the postseason in each of the last three years and unless they get their act together, this will be the 4th year in a row that the Panthers will not be apart of the NHL’s 2nd season. The Panthers have been a strong offensive team but if they are going to make it to the playoffs then they must turn things around at the other end of the ice. Florida has allowed 10 goals in their last two games and an average of 4.10 gpg over their last 10 games. That just won’t get it done. In their last game, the Panthers lost at Vegas by a score of 5-3 and scoring in the loss was Mike Hoffman, which was his 24th of the year, Evgenii Dadonov, which was his 25th and Aleksi Saarela which was his 2nd. The Panthers did bring in Erik Huala, who had 12 goals for the Hurricanes this year.
The Arizona Coyotes have been struggling of late, especially from an offensive standpoint but they fixed that in their last games as they Crushed the Tampa Bay Lightning at home by a score of 7-3. The Coyotes had failed to score more than three goals in a game in their previous 15 contests and they had notched a total of 11 goals in their six previous games. The Coyotes hope to build on that outburst and we do note that the seven goals were the most that Arizona has scored in a game this year. Arizona is now just 6-14 in their last 20 games overall, but despite the slump, they currently occupy the 8th spot in the Western Conference. they have a one-point lead over the Jets. Scoring in the win was Conor Garland, who scored twice and now has 22 on the year, Clayton Keller, who also scored twice and now has 15, Carl Soderberg, which was his 15th, Brad Richardson, which was his 5th and Derek Stepan, which was his 10th.
Full Preview at Winners & Whiners
Panthers vs Maple Leafs - Thursday 7:00 p.m. BB&T Center
Tonight’s game is obviously an important one, but the next home game against Toronto will go a long way in deciding whether the Panthers make or miss the playoffs.
Still looking for tickets for Thursday’s game against the Maple Leafs? Come on, you know you want to be there when the Panthers beat the Buds again. Get those tickets here.
(Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.)
- Calgary (32-25-6 70P) at BOSTON (39-12-12 90P) 7 p.m.
- TORONTO (32-23-8 72P) at TAMPA BAY (40-17-5 85P) 7 p.m.
- Vancouver (33-22-6 72P) at MONTREAL (29-27-8 66P) 7 p.m.
- New Jersey (24-27-10 58P) at DETROIT (15-45-4 34P) 7:30 p.m.
- OTTAWA (21-30-12 54P) at Nashville (30-23-8 68P) 8 p.m
Idle: BUF (66P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets