Panthers (33-25-6 72P) vs Blackhawks (28-28-8 64P)
- WHEN: 6:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, ESPN+, NBCSCH+
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 850 WFTL (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Blackhawks, #CHIvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Second City Hockey
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 2 (1-0-0)
- LAST MEETING: FLA 4, @CHI 3 (Recap) - 1/21/2020
- NEXT MEETING: 2020-21 season
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (23-19-5 .899/ 3.26 1SO) vs Crawford (12-18-3 .914/ 2.88 1SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Chicago
The disheartened Florida Panthers will host the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday night in Sunrise, Fla.
Florida squandered an early two-goal lead and dropped a 5-3 decision to Toronto in a crucial home game on Thursday night. The Panthers trail the Maple Leafs by four points in the battle for the third playoff berth in the Atlantic Division.
Meanwhile, the Blackhawks — who are in a rebuilding season and likely to miss the playoffs for the third straight year — are coming off an impressive 5-2 win over the host Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday.
Veteran goalie Corey Crawford, 35, made 36 saves for just his second win in his past eight starts. He is 12-18-3 this season with a 2.88 GAA and a .914 SP.
Dominik Kubalik scored three goals — all in the third period — on Thursday.
Full Preview courtesy of Field Level Media
Saturday in the Atlantic (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- BOSTON (40-13-12 92P) at New York Islanders (35-20-8 78P) 1 p.m. NHL Network
- Calgary (33-25-7 73P) at TAMPA BAY (40-19-5 85P) 4 p.m.
- Vancouver (34-23-6 74P) at TORONTO (34-23-8 76P) 7 p.m. NHL Network
- Carolina (35-24-4 74P) at at MONTREAL (29-28-9 67P) 7 p.m.
- DETROIT (15-47-4 34P) at OTTAWA (22-31-12 56P) 7 p.m.
- BUFFALO (29-27-8 66P) at Arizona (31-27-8 70P) 8 p.m.
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets