Panthers (1-0-0 2P) vs Blackhawks (0-2-0 0P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: NHL Network, FOX Sports Florida, NBCSCH+
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 850 WFTL (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Blackhawks, #CHIvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Second City Hockey
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 8 (1-0-0)
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 5, CHI 2 (Recap) - 1/17/2020
- NEXT MEETING: January 19, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky vs Subban (0-1-0 .848/ 5.03 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Chicago
The Florida Panthers will host the Chicago Blackhawks in the back end of a two-game set on Tuesday night. The Blackhawks are still looking for win number one after losing two games against the Lightning followed by a 5-2 defeat to the Panthers on Sunday night.
The Panthers tallied 78 points last season and won their season opener with ease against the Blackhawks on Sunday night.
The Chicago Blackhawks are targeting their first win of the season. It has been a rough start for the Blackhawks, losing their first two clashes in Tampa Bay, followed by the defeat to Florida on Sunday. Chicago is not a contender as they are in a rebuilding mode and are also playing without captain Jonathan Toews along with Brent Seabrook and talented young forward Kirby Dach.
The Florida Panthers finally opened the season on Sunday night after their first two games against Dallas were postponed due to COVID issues with the Stars. Florida did as expected and tallied a 5-2 home win on Sunday night. The Panthers have plenty of skill up front but give up a ton of goals and could have a difficult task qualifying for the playoffs this season as a result.
Full Preview courtesy of Winners & Whiners
- COLUMBUS (1-2-0 2P) at DETROIT (1-2-0 2P) 7:30 p.m. (ESPN+)
- CAROLINA (2-1-0 P) at NASHVILLE (2-1-0 4P) 8 p.m. (ESPN+)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets