- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, SUN Sports, ESPN+
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #GoBolts, #FLAvsTBL, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Raw Charge
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 8 (1-0-0)
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 5, TBL 2 - (Recap) - 2/11/2021
- NEXT MEETING: February 15, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (5-0-1 .899/ 2.90 0SO) vs Vasilevskiy (8-2-1 .929/ 2.00 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Tampa Bay
The Tampa Bay Lightning look to avenge their loss to the Florida Panthers on Thursday when these two teams square off again on Saturday. The Panthers defeated Tampa Bay on Thursday, 5-2. That snapped the Lightning’s six-game winning streak. Florida has now won two in a row. Tampa Bay is the favorite in this contest at -149. Florida won the most recent battle between these teams, winning on Thursday, 5-2. However, the Lightning are 8-2 in the last 10 meetings. Tampa Bay has been the favorite in all 10 contests.
The Lightning are second in the NHL in goals per game average at 3.67 and are first in goals allowed per game at 2.08. They are ninth in shots per game at 31.4 and are seventh in shots allowed at 27.9. The special teams have been solid as well, eighth on the power-play at 27.9% and seventh in penalty killing at 83.3%.
Florida is averaging 3.27 goals per game while allowing 2.64 per contest, ninth-best in the NHL. They are eighth in the league in shots per game at 31.6 while allowing 30.7 per contest. The Panthers are second in the league on the power-play at 36.7% but are only killing off 75.0% of penalty kill opportunities.
Full preview at Winners & Whiners
- COLUMBUS (7-5-3 17P) at CHICAGO (6-5-4 16P) 8 p.m.
- DETROIT (3-10-2 8P) at NASHVILLE (6-8-0 12P) 8 p.m.
- CAROLINA (8-3-0 16P) at DALLAS (5-3-3 13P) 8 p.m.
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets