Panthers (11-2-2 24P) at Red Wings (4-12-3 11P)
- WHEN: 5:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, MI
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Detroit
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #LGRW, #FLAvsDET, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Winging It In Motown
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 6 of 8 (4-1-0)
- LAST MEETING: FLA 7, @DET 2 - (Recap) 2/19/2021
- NEXT MEETING: March 30, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (5-1-1 .884/ 3.33 0SO) vs Bernier (3-2-0 .896/ 3.01 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Detroit
Scouting Report (courtesy of Pickwise)
The Florida Panthers dominated the Detroit Red Wings on Friday night to improve to 4-1 on the year against Detroit. Patric Hornqvist scored twice in their 7-2 win to help the Cats grab two points and a first-place spot in the Central Division. Despite only getting two power play opportunities, Florida was able to capitalize on one of them to eliminate any chance of a comeback from the Red Wings. Florida is now averaging 3.60 goals per game compared to Detroit who last in the league with an average of 1.95 goals per game. The Panthers are on a three-game winning streak and after watching Friday night’s game it appears that it’s likely to extend to four games.
The Red Wings have really struggled to score this season and that was no different on Friday night, scoring only twice on 32 shots. Chris Driedger was phenomenal in net for the Panthers and increased his save percentage to .926 on the year. Meanwhile for Detroit, Thomas Greiss and Jonathan Bernier allowed a combined seven goals on 39 shots. The Red Wings were held scoreless on the power play on four opportunities. Their power play unit has been abysmal this year, scoring on only 6.70% percent of their chances and that is one of the many reasons that they are in last place in the Central Division.
Saturday in the Atlantic (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- TAMPA BAY (10-3-1) at CAROLINA (11-3-1) 7 p.m.
- NASHVILLE (6-10-0 12P) at COLUMBUS (8-6-4 20P) 7 p.m.
Idle: CHI (22P), DAL (14P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets