Panthers (18-5-4 40P) vs Blackhawks (14-10-5 33P)
FLA in Season Series: Game 4 of 8 (3-0-0) - LBC Caterwaul
Where: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
When: 7:00 p.m. ET
Watch: FOX Sports Florida, NBCSCH
Listen: Panthers Radio Network
Enemy Intel: Second City Hockey
Expected starters: Florida: Bobrovsky (11-2-2 2.95) / Chicago: Lankinen (10-5-4 2.79)
- The Panthers began their four-game homestand with a 4-2 win on March 13 vs. Chicago. The Cats own an 8-3-3 home record this season and own a 2-0-2 mark over their last four home games. Florida’s last six home victories have all been won in regulation.
- Aleksander Barkov has recorded a team-best 15 points on home ice (6G/9-A), while Frank Vatrano has scored a team-leading seven goals at BB&T Center. Sergei Bobrovsky has posted a 5-1-2 record at home and owns a .922 even-strength save percentage.
- The Panthers own a 5-1-0 record over their last six games and have won each of their last three games. Through the Panthers six-game span from March 4-March 13, the Panthers have registered a league-leading (tied) 26 goals, while owning a 27.3 PP% and 84.2 PK%. Over those six games five different Panthers have scored at least three goals: Noel Acciari, Aleksander Barkov, Aaron Ekblad, Frank Vatrano and Carter Verhaeghe.
- On March 13 vs. CHI, Panthers Captain Aleksander Barkov registered his first multi-goal game of the season (2G) and third three-point night. Barkov enters tonight’s game with 12 points (4-8-12) over his last nine games, registering four points (3-1-4) over his last two contests.
- Owning the second-most points in franchise history, Barkov ranks second on the Panthers this season in points (31) and assists (20), while tied for the team lead in goals (11). He leads the Cats in shots (95), takeaways (22-T), total ice time for forwards (571:14) and faceoff win percentage (53.3).
- Tonight, Barkov is expected to play his 507th NHL game, passing Bill Lindsay for the 10th-most games played in a Panthers uniform.
- Jonathan Huberdeau enters tonight’s game with eight points (2-6-8) over his last six games. The eighth NHLer to reach 30 points this season, Huberdeau leads the Cats in points (32), assists (22) and power-play points (14), while ranking second on the club in goals (10).
- Aaron Ekblad has recorded three goals and eight points over his last six games (3-5-8). Florida’s franchise leader in goals (80) and power-play goals (28) scored by a defenseman, Ekblad stands at second in the NHL this season for goals by defensemen (9) and first in power-play goals by D-men (5). He is one goal shy of reaching 10 goals in a season for the sixth time in his seven-season career.
- Sergei Bobrovsky enters tonight’s game on a season-high five-game win streak, his longest as a Panther. Bobrovsky has earned points in each of his last seven starts (6-0-1) owning a .921 save percentage and .925 even strength save percentage.
- Frank Vatrano has scored game-winning goals in each of his last two games. He has produced three goals and four points over his last five games and six goals over his last nine games. Vatrano leads the Panthers with four game-winning goals and is tied for the team lead in even-strength goals (10).
- After missing six games due to injury, Anthony Duclair returned to the lineup on March 13 vs. CHI and recorded two assists. Of Duclair’s 12 points this season, he has registered 11 points at even strength.
- Gustav Forsling has produced two assists over his last three games. The 24-year-old has posted 13 shots on goal over his last five games.
- The Panthers honored Keith Yandle with a pregame ceremony on March 13 vs. CHI, for him reaching his 1,000th NHL game. As of March 13, Yandle’s 12 power-play points ranks tied for fourth among NHL defensemen.
- Patric Hornqvist enters tonight’s game tied for the Panthers lead in goals (11). The 34-year-old forward has notched 22 points (11-11-22) over 27 games in his first season with FLA. Three games shy of his 800th NHL game, the two-time Stanley Cup Champion has recorded four goals and seven points over his last nine games.
- Owen Tippett owns a career-high three-game point streak (2-1-3) heading into tonight’s game. Over his last three games, the 22-year-old has logged nine shots and a 22.2 shooting percentage, while registering an even-strength goal, power-play goal and game-winning goal.
- Carter Verhaeghe enters tonight’s game on a three-game point streak (2-1-3). Verhaeghe owns a team-leading (tied) 10 even-strength goals and +13 rating. Verhaeghe’s 20 points this season have all been recorded at even strength and is tied with Aleksander Barkov for first on the club.
- MacKenzie Weegar enters tonight’s game on a career-high four-game point streak (1-5-6). All 16 (2-14-16) of Weegar’s points this season have been recorded at even strength.
- Defenseman Radko Gudas leads Florida with 126 hits. Over his last 20 games, from Feb. 4 to March 13, Gudas logged an NHL-leading 104 hits. Gudas has recorded assists in each of his last two games and is one assist shy of his 100th NHL assist.
- The Panthers are two goals shy of their 5,500th goal as an NHL franchise (currently 5,498).