Panthers (20-7-4 44P) at Blackhawks (14-13-5 33P)
- WHEN: 8:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: United Center, Chicago, IL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, NBCSCH, ESPN+
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 850 WFTL (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Blackhawks, #FLAvsCHI, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Second City Hockey
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 5 of 8 (4-0-0)
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 6, CHI 3 (Recap) - 3/15/2021
- NEXT MEETING: March 25, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Driedger (8-3-2 .924 / 2.22 1SO) vs Lankinen (10-7-4 .914/ 2.87 1SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Chicago
This will be the fifth meeting between these teams this season. The Florida Panthers have dominated the series and they are 4-0 against the Chicago Blackhawks this season. The Panthers are third in the Central Division, and for a good reason. They are an offensive powerhouse, led by Aleksander Barkov and Jonathan Huberdeau. Those players have 37 and 35 points respectively. Overall, Florida has five players with at least 20 points and two more with 19. That has led them to being the third-highest scoring team in the NHL, averaging 3.35 goals per game. As for goaltending, Sergei Bobrovsky seems to have found his game. He has a 12-4-2 record in 18 starts. The Panthers are all around a more solid team than the Blackhawks, and that can carry them to victory on Tuesday night.
The Blackhawks have slowly began cooling off. In their last seven games they are 1-6. That includes the current four-game skid. Patrick Kane and Alex DeBrincat will only be able to take this team so far. They have 42 and 31 points, respectively. Outside of those two players, their team does not generate much offense. They have a very good powerplay because of Kane, but their 5-on-5 play is not strong and they could be completely outmatched in this game.
Full Preview at Pickswise
- DETROIT (10-18-4 24P) at NASHVILLE (14-17-1 29P) 8 p.m.
- TAMPA BAY (23-6-2 48P) at DALLAS (10-10-8 28P) 8:30 p.m. ESPN+
Idle: CAR (45P), CLS (33P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets