- WHEN: 8:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, Fox Sports Tennessee
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Preds, #FLAvsNSH, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: On The Forecheck
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 3 of 8 (1-0-1)
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 2, NSH 1 - (Recap) - 2/5/2021
- NEXT MEETING: March 6, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (6-2-2.899/ 3.02 0SO) vs Rinne (5-7-0 .913/ 2.46 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Nashville
This might be the best the Florida Panthers have looked in recent memory. They’re taking on the Nashville Predators in Tennessee for their third meeting this season. The Panthers are 13-4-4 with an unreal away record of 6-1-1. They should be able to handle the Preds in this one with ease. In their last ten games, the Predators are only averaging 2.1 goals per game. Throughout the season they’ve only averaged 2.27 goals per game, the third worst in the league. Their offense has struggled to generate anything and they only have two players in double digits for points. Their number one center, Matt Duchene, only has eight points in 22 games played, that’s laughable. They have the worst shooting percentage in the entire league, only scoring on 7.1% of shots. Meanwhile, the Panthers are averaging 3.14 goals per game and are generating the most shots per game, with 34.5.
Unlike Nashville, Florida has nine players with points in the double digits. Their depth is noticeably better than the Preds’. If the Panthers’ top line isn’t having the best night, their bottom lines have helped get the win and maintain their solid record. If Florida wants to compete for the top spot in the Central division, they’ll need to take advantage of these easier opponents. Nashville has a brutal -17 goal differential on the season, the second worst in the Central. They’ve established themselves as one of the weaker teams in the league, hopefully, Florida can pull off another victory against them. In their most recent game, the Panthers won 2-1 and outshot the Preds 36-25.
Full preview at Pickswise
- DETROIT (7-15-3 17P) at CAROLINA (15-6-1 31P) 7 p.m.
- TAMPA BAY (15-4-1 31P) at CHICAGO (12-7-4 28P) 8 p.m. ESPN+
- COLUMBUS (9-10-5 23P) at DALLAS (6-7-4 16P) 8:30 p.m.
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets