- WHEN: 2:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
- ON THE TUBE: NHL Network, FOX Sports Florida, Fox Sports Tennessee
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Preds, #FLAvsNSH, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: On The Forecheck
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 4 of 8 (2-0-1)
- LAST MEETING: FLA , @NSH 4 - (Recap) - 3/4/2021
- NEXT MEETING: March 18, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (7-2-2 .897/ 3.11 0SO) vs Rinne (5-8-0 .908/ 2.68 1SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Nashville
The Florida Panthers were able to hold off the Nashville Predators in their 5-4 win on Thursday night. The Panthers are now just one point out of first place in the Central Division, with a great opportunity to pick up two points on Saturday afternoon. That 5-4 score appears much closer than the game actually was, as Florida surged to a 3-0 start and had a 5-2 lead midway through the third period. The Panthers were able to capitalize on Nashville’s penalties by scoring two power-play goals on their four chances. That has been a problem for the Predators all season, as they sit in the bottom three of the NHL in penalty-kill percentage. It could prove costly once again in this matchup, as they go up against Florida’s power-play unit that ranks sixth in the league.
Nashville has now lost back-to-back games and that has the team nine points out of a playoff spot in the Central Division. It’s apparent that Nashville is nearing the beginning of a rebuild and is likely to be a seller at the trade deadline. The Preds are 1-8 against the top three teams in the Central Division, which has put their playoff hopes to rest. They have really struggled offensively this season, averaging only 2.25 goals per game — which ranks in the bottom five of the league. Filip Forsberg is their only real offensive threat and leads them in both goals and assists. Forsberg is the only player on the team that has more than five goals this season, so they will likely once again struggle to keep up with Florida in this one. Take the Panthers to win their third straight against the Predators on Saturday.
Full preview at Pickswise
- COLUMBUS (10-10-5 25P) at DALLAS 8:30 (6-8-4 16P) 8 p.m.
Idle: TBL (34P), CAR (33P), CHI (31P), DET (17P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets