Panthers (15-4-4 34P) vs Hurricanes (16-6-1 33P)
- WHEN: 5:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Carolinas
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #LetsGoCanes, #FLAvsCAR, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Canes Country
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 4 of 8 (1-0-2)
- LAST MEETING: CAR 3, @FLA 2 (OT) - (Recap) - 3/1/2021
- NEXT MEETING: April 6, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Driedger (7-2-2 .926/ 2.25 0SO) vs Reimer (10-3-0 .902/ 2.90 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Carolina
This will be the fourth meeting between the Florida Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes currently lead their season series 2-1 and have won their last two encounters. Every game between these teams has only been separated by one goal and two of the three games have gone to overtime. The Hurricanes are on a four-game winning streak, outscoring their opponents 16-9 during this stretch, and they have an incredible home record of 7-1-1. This will also be a back to back for Florida, as they beat the Nashville Predators on Saturday afternoon. The potential of tired skaters on the Panthers roster bodes extremely well for a Carolina team that has excelled in the offensive aspects of the game.
The Hurricanes are generating the fourth-most goals this season, currently scoring 3.35 goals per game. Their high-level offense could catch Florida off guard, especially if there are tired bodies out there. Additionally, Carolina has dominated the faceoff circle all season. They are currently second in the league with a 54.1 percent success rate, and they are able to control the majority of possession which can only lead to more goals. The Panthers have the eighth-worst faceoff percentage at only 48 percent. Combine the majority of possession with their high shooting percentage (10.6 percent, seventh-best in the league) and the Hurricanes have a clear edge going into this one. Although their previous matchups have been close, the ‘Canes have managed to win two out of three against the Panthers this year.
Both teams are top 10 in goals per game and top 10 in shots per game. This one will have plenty of opportunities to hit the over. The Hurricanes’ powerplay is the fourth best in the league operating at 30.1 percent, while the Panthers have the sixth best powerplay in the league operating at 26.6 percent.
Full preview at Pickswise
- TAMPA BAY (16-4-2 34P) at CHICAGO (13-7-5 31P) 2:30 p.m. NBCSN
- NASHVILLE (10-14-0 26P) at DALLAS (7-8-4 18P) 8 p.m.
Idle: CLS (25P), DET (17P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets