Panthers (23-9-4 50P) vs Red Wings (12-21-4 28P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Detroit
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #LGRW, #DETvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Winging It In Motown
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 8 of 8 (5-2-0)
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 4, DET 1 - (Recap) 3/30/2021
- NEXT MEETING: That’s all, folks!
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Driedger (9-4-2 .927/ 2.19 1SO) vs Greiss (2-14-4 .904/ 3.42 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Detroit
The Florida Panthers picked up their third straight win on Tuesday night in a 4-1 victory over the Detroit Red Wings. The win gave Florida 50 points this season which makes them the third fastest team in the league to reach that mark. This improved their record to 5-2 against the Red Wings this season as they enter their last matchup against Detroit on Thursday night. This is an important game for the Panthers as they are currently in a three-horse race for the top spot in the Central Division. Carter Verhaeghe scored two goals on Tuesday night to give him 17 on the year. That also gives Verhaeghe 15 even-strength goals this season which is tied for the most in the league. The Panthers will be motivated to pick up two points in their last meeting of the season with the worst team in their division.
The Red Wings will be sellers once again at the trade deadline and are likely playing some of their last games with a number of players as April 12 quickly approaches. This can create a huge distraction for obvious reasons and the Panthers will certainly take advantage of that. Bobby Ryan missed Tuesday’s game due to injury and is still listed day to day. Detroit will once again struggle to keep up with Florida’s high-powered offense who ranks sixth in the league with a goals for average of 3.28 goals per game.
Full preview at Pickswise
Thursday in the Atlantic (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- COLUMBUS (14-15-8 36P) at TAMPA BAY (24-9-2 50P) 7 p.m.
- CHICAGO (17-15-5 39P) at CAROLINA (23-8-3 49P) 8 p.m. NBCSN
- DALLAS (11-12-10 33P) at NASHVILLE (19-17-1 39P) 8 p.m.
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets